PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Tickets

aswewere
06-17-2016, 06:42 AM
Dear Duke Women’s Basketball Supporter,

Greetings from Cameron Indoor! Thank you for your support of our Duke Women’s Basketball Program and student-athletes last year. We are very excited for what this upcoming season holds and can’t wait for tip off in just a few short months.

With that being said, we also wanted to let you know that we have loaded your renewal for your season seats into your Go Duke account. You’ll notice that we have reduced the cost for you, your family, and friends for the 2016-2017 season. After listening to our fans and studying other ranked college programs, we made this change to show our gratitude for your support and to continue to build the positive environment we sustain as our competitive advantage for our student-athletes.

As your personal account representative, I would like to say thank you again for your previous support and I hope to have you on board for what is going to be a tremendous season.

If you have any questions or would like to renew your tickets over the phone, you can call me at 919-684-4290.

CameronBornAndBred
06-17-2016, 09:51 AM
After r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶C̶a̶m̶e̶r̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ listening to our fans and studying other ranked college programs, w̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ we made this change to show our gratitude for your support and to continue to build the positive environment we sustain as our competitive advantage for our student-athletes.

Before editing...

Jokes aside, it's a smart move. I hope they made the discounts substantial.

Doria
06-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Before editing...

That is a very smart move, and moving forward it's the kind of thing that fosters goodwill toward the athletic dept., regardless of the transitory public faces.

madscavenger
06-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Tell me, to whom is this not transparent? Surely not to anyone who follows the team and lives in the real world. The team needs and deserves fan support, but insulting their intelligence inserts an unnecessary speedbump on the road to recovery.

DukeDad02
06-17-2016, 07:42 PM
Tell me, to whom is this not transparent? Surely not to anyone who follows the team and lives in the real world. The team needs and deserves fan support, but insulting their intelligence inserts an unnecessary speedbump on the road to recovery.

Indeed - And McCallie is back on Twitter after an almost 3-month hiatus. Hopefully Administration will shut her down before she further embarrasses herself, the DWBB Program and the University - again.

DU82
06-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Before editing...

When I checked, my "bill" would be $115 instead of last year's $215. So, pretty substantial.

diablesseblu
06-17-2016, 09:34 PM
When I checked, my "bill" would be $115 instead of last year's $215. So, pretty substantial.

That seems like a pretty radical discount for a sport that already loses money.

CameronBornAndBred
06-18-2016, 10:53 AM
That seems like a pretty radical discount for a sport that already loses money.
Something radical is needed to get people back in the stands. It wasn't too many years ago that women's games were free. Earning money is nice, but earning fans and their respect back is far more important. Duke obviously can't afford the money to cut ties with the coach, but they can definitely afford a pay cut.
3000 fans paying half of what 1500 fans paid is equal at the box office, more in revenue at the concession stands, looks better on TV, and hugely important, adds a distinctive advantage to the team for all home games.

aswewere
06-18-2016, 12:04 PM
It will be interesting to see what path coach takes. Hang around to get her big pay checks or really try to salvage her coaching reputation.

aswewere
06-18-2016, 07:41 PM
It will be interesting to see what path coach takes. Hang around to get her big pay checks or really try to salvage her coaching reputation.

She may find that her hole is now deeper than coach Cut was in when he arrived. If coach P ever reaches out for any counsel or advice there is a
wealth of it at Duke.

MartyClark
06-19-2016, 02:43 PM
I wonder how many D1 women's programs operate in the black. Anybody know?

I suspect that UConn and Tennessee have consistently earned more than they spent on women's basketball but don't know that to be true.

aswewere
06-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Just sent to Kevin White.

We don't have to look too far to see the consequences of trying to cover something up or to minimize the impact. The UNC scandal has gone on for years now and much of the damage comes from a refusal to face up to what happened .

CameronBornAndBred
06-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Just sent to Kevin White.

We don't have to look too far to see the consequences of trying to cover something up or to minimize the impact. The UNC scandal has gone on for years now and much of the damage comes from a refusal to face up to what happened .
Wow...these two instances are so far apart from each other that comparing them boggles the mind. Coach P might be a lousy person to play for, but as far as I know, she has never encouraged cheating, garnered her players favors in class, or gotten them out of parking tickets.

I wouldn't even call it a "scandal". That label is usually reserved for academic or sexual misconduct. Being mean and grouchy is hardly scandalous.

PS...I think dropping ticket prices in half is a pretty impressive way of "facing up".

aswewere
06-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Wow...these two instances are so far apart from each other that comparing them boggles the mind. Coach P might be a lousy person to play for, but as far as I know, she has never encouraged cheating, garnered her players favors in class, or gotten them out of parking tickets.

I wouldn't even call it a "scandal". That label is usually reserved for academic or sexual misconduct. Being mean and grouchy is hardly scandalous.

PS...I think dropping ticket prices in half is a pretty impressive way of "facing up".

I cant sugar coat what has been done to an elite program that has seen a lot of good people leave unexpectedly and the nations top
recruits no longer considering us. The damage is as bad as a large NCAA violation.

msdukie
06-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Interesting. I'm a long time season ticket holder and didn't get an e-mail like this.

aswewere
06-24-2016, 08:29 AM
The hole just keeps getting deeper, see article 2.

https://passthaball.com/2016/06/21/this-week-in-womens-hoops-by-clay-kallam/