PDA

View Full Version : Tom Suiter

Ima Facultiwyfe
06-07-2016, 09:14 AM
I called the station about 20 years ago to complain about the way a sports story was reported. Suiter picked up the phone instantly and talked with me. Here's the kicker; Years later I can't remember what my complaint even was, but I still remember how I was received and served by a genuine, friendly and cooperative Tom Suiter. Sorta tells what's important, doesn't it.

He's been a delight. We'll all miss him.
Love, Ima

chrishoke
06-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Mr. Suiter deserves an extra effort award himself. :)

jimsumner
06-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Tom is just as nice off the camera as he is on the camera.

Which is to say, a lot.

One of the good ones.

DukeFanSince1990
06-08-2016, 03:19 PM
He is from my home town of Rocky Mount too. So is Buck Williams and Phil Ford. Sugar Ray Leonard was born here but moved away at the age of three.

jimsumner
06-08-2016, 04:11 PM
He is from my home town of Rocky Mount too. So is Buck Williams and Phil Ford. Sugar Ray Leonard was born here but moved away at the age of three.

Don't forget Danny Talbott.

And Thelonius Monk.

DukeFanSince1990
06-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Don't forget Danny Talbott.

And Thelonius Monk.

It's actually a surprisingly long list.

DukePA
06-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Tom Suiter has been one of my favorites for a long, long time. When I was in PA school in 2007, I was at the Virginia Tech game in the graduate student section behind the press bench. Suiter was sitting in front of me and we were chatting until the band played the fight song. Of course I had to sing my favorite part really loudly; "Duke is going to win tonight! Carolina, go to hell! ES!" He looked at me and said, "Donna!" I replied, "I can't help it!" :D He told me that he grew up going to Duke Basketball games and that his parents had season tickets in Section 6 for a while. Very cool.

Native
06-08-2016, 06:24 PM
So many high school memories watching post-game Football Friday broadcasts with Tom. Our entire school would go to the same sports bar, win or lose, to watch the highlights.