PDA

View Full Version : Ross Cockrell working hard

jjasper0729
06-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Nice little piece on Ross Cockrell and what it takes to try to beat out high round draft picks. I think he's in a good spot. Loved what he did for my Steelers last year... even if he DID get burned a few times, he made some great plays.

Young Steelers corners must get through Ross Cockrell -- Yes Ross Cockrell (http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/19042/young-steelers-corners-must-get-through-ross-cockrell-yes-ross-cockrell)

J_C_Steel
06-06-2016, 12:37 PM
As a huge Steelers fan, I can tell you that Cockrell was a pleasant surprise for the team in 2015. He made some timely plays and used his size well at the line of scrimmage. Steelers' coaches -- particularly secondary coach Carnell Lake and head coach Mike Tomlin (a former secondary coach himself) -- are looking for Cockrell to make strides in 2016 and start as an outside cornerback.

I think Cockrell can be a key part of the Steelers' defense this year and, with the high-powered offense currently donning black 'n gold, the 2016 Steelers have a shot at winning it all.