PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Boone car accident

Philsfan
05-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Hit head-on by Carolina Panthers player...Serious but non-life threatening injuries...Prayers go out to him.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/shaq-thompson-car-crash-carolina-panthers-anthony-boone-duke-052316

nmduke2001
05-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Hit head-on by Carolina Panthers player...Serious but non-life threatening injuries...Prayers go out to him.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/shaq-thompson-car-crash-carolina-panthers-anthony-boone-duke-052316

So weird. Apparently, they didn't know one another and this was completely random.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/panthers-lb-shaq-thompson-involved-160200865.html

chrishoke
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
"Police told Black and Blue Review that alcohol was involved but was not a factor in the crash."

Huh?

tbyers11
05-23-2016, 03:55 PM
"Police told Black and Blue Review that alcohol was involved but was not a factor in the crash."

Huh?

Another report said that Thompson admitted to having drunk alcohol before the crash, but that he tested below the legal limit.

Dukehky
05-23-2016, 09:30 PM
Another report said that Thompson admitted to having drunk alcohol before the crash, but that he tested below the legal limit.

There was some in his system from the night before. Shaq was not drinking in the morning.

OldPhiKap
05-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Hope everyone is okay.

Highlander
05-24-2016, 10:09 AM
Only additional information I have seen is that Shaq Thompson crossed the center line. He claims he dropped his phone and reached down to pick it up, and that was why he crossed the line.

captmojo
05-24-2016, 10:40 AM
Only additional information I have seen is that Shaq Thompson crossed the center line. He claims he dropped his phone and reached down to pick it up, and that was why he crossed the line.

Oh man! Claim that actions were taken against an impact with a deer, or dog, or even a squirrel...not over a phone drop.

I've known fellers that had to wait off to reach legal limits before. They didn't really seem straight enough then, either. There was even one dude that blew a .29 at the police station. His reply? "Damn! I could have had one more beer." Oh lawdy!

I'm glad this wasn't worse. It easily could have been. Straighten up, Shaq.
Get well Anthony.

CameronBlue
05-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Oh man! Claim that actions were taken against an impact with a deer, or dog, or even a squirrel...not over a phone drop.

I've known fellers that had to wait off to reach legal limits before. They didn't really seem straight enough then, either. There was even one dude that blew a .29 at the police station. His reply? "Damn! I could have had one more beer." Oh lawdy!

I'm glad this wasn't worse. It easily could have been. Straighten up, Shaq.
Get well Anthony.

I hope this goes to court and a judge gives him about a billion hours of community service making PSA's that say basically "stay off your &*^%#$$&^**ing phones when you're driving."

Signed
----a former habitual offender. Fortunately I never killed a human being.

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-24-2016, 12:44 PM
The Charlotte Observer published this article about the accident. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article79304377.html

cspan37421
05-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Wear your seat belt, folks.

Boone was super-lucky to not have been hurt worse or thrown from (through) the vehicle. You may recall Bobby Hurley was thrown from his vehicle and darn near died.

Wear your seat belt - tremendous upside, virtually no downside.

weezie
05-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Amen brother. It might be one of the only lessons I was able to teach both my children. A person should feel weird and uncomfortable when they are NOT wearing a seat belt.

Anybody who doesn't think they need to wear theirs, I wish I could pound it into your heads with a "wiffle ball bat!!!!?

MCFinARL
05-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Amen brother. It might be one of the only lessons I was able to teach both my children. A person should feel weird and uncomfortable when they are NOT wearing a seat belt.

Anybody who doesn't think they need to wear theirs, I wish I could pound it into your heads with a "wiffle ball bat!!!!?

So true. I thought I had taught my kids to wear their seat belts always but my younger daughter apparently didn't really learn until her early 20's, when she was a napping and unseat belted passenger in a car that skidded off a snowy road and turned over. Miraculously, she suffered only some bruises and a bad headache--and a terrible scare (luckily no one else was hurt either). Lesson learned, the hard way.

FerryFor50
05-24-2016, 10:05 PM
So true. I thought I had taught my kids to wear their seat belts always but my younger daughter apparently didn't really learn until her early 20's, when she was a napping and unseat belted passenger in a car that skidded off a snowy road and turned over. Miraculously, she suffered only some bruises and a bad headache--and a terrible scare (luckily no one else was hurt either). Lesson learned, the hard way.

My sister piled her three kids into her car with no one wearing belts. Speeding at night, swerved to miss road debris and now she and her middle child are recovering from broken backs after being thrown from vehicle.

Makes zero sense not to wear a seatbelt.

Fish80
05-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Yikes. Wear your seatbelt. Statistically by far your best option. Keep a seat belt cutter In the car if you want to improve the odds.

weezie
05-24-2016, 10:51 PM
My sister piled her three kids into her car with no one wearing belts. Speeding at night, swerved to miss road debris and now she and her middle child are recovering from broken backs after being thrown from vehicle.

Makes zero sense not to wear a seatbelt.

OMG Ferry, I am so sorry for them and the family. Thank God in heaven that they are going to be ok. How utterly terrifying that must have been for all of you.

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Anthony's wife, Bria, reports the following today:

so glad I came from a family of women with backgrounds in healthcare. I've been nurse Bria all week lol but wouldn't have it any other way. things could've been a lot worse but I'm glad Anthony is done with his surgeries and doing okay. a long road ahead but he's strong. thanks everyone so much for all your thoughts, prayers and messages. sorry if I didn't respond to everyone but we appreciate you!

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Here's the latest update on Anthony following multiple surgical procedures.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/former-duke-qb-anthony-boone-recovering-from-surgery-following-head-on-collision/15733893/