Not announced yet, of course.

Matt, Amile, and Grayson?

Seems pretty obvious, doesn't it?

flyingdutchdevil
05-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Not announced yet, of course.

Matt, Amile, and Grayson?

Seems pretty obvious, doesn't it?

I'd be shocked if it wasn't those three.

Skitzle
05-19-2016, 04:42 PM
I'd be shocked if it wasn't those three.

Grayson on the Outside looking in if Duke only goes with 2 captains.

Given that we can all agree on this issue, can I change the discussion.

Best Captains of All-time at Duke.

Go.

flyingdutchdevil
05-19-2016, 04:48 PM

Go.

Grayson Allen.

kAzE
05-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Grayson on the Outside looking in if Duke only goes with 2 captains.

Given that we can all agree on this issue, can I change the discussion.

Go.

Shane Battier, Quinn Cook, Chris Carrawell, Jeff Capel, Steve Wojiechowski, and Tommy Amaker

Henderson
05-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Grayson Allen.

All time is too long with too many variables and uneven comparators. In more recent years, Shane Battier and Amile Jefferson would be on my short list. Shane: Watch him in the huddles in the videos. Grayson is TBD, but he has top 5 potential. And I assume we're talking about leadership rather than just on-court performance. Others might have insights about the 60's and early 70's. I was too busy skipping school and misbehaving back then.

flyingdutchdevil
05-19-2016, 05:04 PM
All time is too long with too many variables and uneven comparators. In more recent years, Shane Battier and Amile Jefferson would be on my short list. Grayson is TBD, but he has top 5 potential. And I assume we're talking about leadership rather than just on-court performance. But others might have insights about the 60's and early 70's.

No. I'm just saying Grayson Allen. That's my new positive response to everything.

Skitzle
05-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Shane Battier, Quinn Cook, Chris Carrawell, Jeff Capel, Steve Wojiechowski, and Tommy Amaker

Nate James > Quinn Cook ?

He did it for longer...

OldPhiKap
05-19-2016, 05:08 PM
No disrespect to all the great captains we have had, I'm not sure anyone ever did a better job than Quinn Cook.

Henderson
05-19-2016, 05:10 PM
No. I'm just saying Grayson Allen. That's my new positive response to everything.

I like this. If the sun is shining, it's a Grayson Day. If I win the lottery, it's a Grayson Moment. If someone finds an unpublished Faulkner novel, it's downright Grayson.

Grayson this year. Hokey schmokes, I'm looking forward to it.

MCFinARL
05-19-2016, 05:32 PM
No disrespect to all the great captains we have had, I'm not sure anyone ever did a better job than Quinn Cook.

I agree. His tremendous off-court leadership, starting from the summer, has been well documented. And the way he adapted his game to the needs of the team made his on-court leadership exemplary as well. That we got to see him grow into this role only made it sweeter.

Edouble
05-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I agree. His tremendous off-court leadership, starting from the summer, has been well documented. And the way he adapted his game to the needs of the team made his on-court leadership exemplary as well. That we got to see him grow into this role only made it sweeter.

Yep, Quinn showed up at Duke with the confidence, but not the maturity. As a counterpoint, Shane showed up at Duke with the maturity, but not the confidence.

It was pretty sweet to watch both of them take their own four year journeys into becoming captains on National Championship teams.

OldPhiKap
05-19-2016, 06:41 PM

Yep, Quinn showed up at Duke with the confidence, but not the maturity. As a counterpoint, Shane showed up at Duke with the maturity, but not the confidence.

It was pretty sweet to watch both of them take their own four year journeys into becoming captains on National Championship teams.

Hands up -- who was confident coming into the year that Quinn would be such a great leader?

Not me. And no disrespect to Quinn either. His first three years did not, in my mind, suggest (like Shane or Grant) he would fill that role easily. Especially with the crazy good freshmen coming in.

I hope the above does not sound negative; I was really just floored how well he grew into that role over the summer. As much of a maturity leap as I can recall. He wholly embraced it being his team, and taking whatever role (even a diminished scoring role) if that was for the good of the squad.

Wander
05-19-2016, 06:51 PM
I like this. If the sun is shining, it's a Grayson Day. If I win the lottery, it's a Grayson Moment. If someone finds an unpublished Faulkner novel, it's downright Grayson.

Make America Grayson Again!

Henderson
05-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Make America Grayson Again!

Fifty Shades of Grayson. He's dominant.

devildeac
05-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Wait, no love for Captain Marshall Plumlee. Oops, sorry, second lieutenant Marshall Plumlee :o .

weezie
05-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Lots of love for each and every captain we've ever had but it's Shane for me. The will and the broad back.