PDA

View Full Version : Men's College Basketball Teams Ranked -- But Not UNC !

westwall
05-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Kevin White's email this week -- noting that Niche's ranking of "Best Colleges for Student-Athletes" had Duke ranked as # 1-- led me to explore's Niche's rankings of colleges in other respects (best college food, party life, off-campus housing, etc), but mostly its rankings of "Best Men's College Basketball Programs". Duke was ranked only third, following following Uconn and Florida, based on factors of Final Fours, NC's and Student Opinion. But in examining the details, the data considered covered only 2000 to 2014. Thus, factoring in Duke's additional 2015 FF and NC clearly moves Duke to the top of the rankings at the present time.

But next I looked, and looked, and looked, down the ranking list to find UNCheat; down past Memphis (# 18), down past NC State (# 37), down past Boise State (# 85), all the way to #100 -- but still NO UNC. I then found that I could search for a specific college, and did so, typing in "U of North Carolina", and then choosing --Chapel Hill -- from the list. Then I found Niche's answer: "This school does not have enough data available to be included in the "Best Men's College Basketball Programs" ranking.

Thus , the conclusion I submit is clear: while the NCAA may choose to be toothless, Niche has courageously recognized the decades of cheating by disregarding UNC'S 2000 to 2014 Final Fours and National Championships, leaving UNC not even "enough data available to be included in the "Best Men's College Basketball Programs" ranking.

Very fitting, I think.:)

Edouble
05-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Can you provide a link please?

I did a query and found this:

https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/best-student-athletes/

UNC is ranked #9.

westwall
05-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Can you provide a link please?

Yes. This should work for men's BB rankings:

https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/best-mens-basketball/

Following # 100, there is a box you can use to search for specific teams.

Dr. Rosenrosen
05-14-2016, 09:49 PM
Apparently they needed a certain number of students to complete the Niche survey about he impact of athletics on campus. Which means they had to be able to read the survey in order to take it. So... there you go.

madscavenger
05-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Too bad for them. This would have been a fastball down the middle for Jan Boxill.

captmojo
05-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Was there a dedicated category shown for, what might be termed as, 'Basketball Disappointments'?