PDA

View Full Version : Hernia surgery for K

markbdevil
05-09-2016, 01:04 PM
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/krzyzewski-undergoes-hernia-surgery-remains-on-track-to-coach-in-rio/15693610/

tbyers11
05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/krzyzewski-undergoes-hernia-surgery-remains-on-track-to-coach-in-rio/15693610/

Get well soon Coach! He and Grayson can compare notes on recovery.

sagegrouse
05-09-2016, 01:19 PM

Maggots! I don't like the way the K-health-line is trending.

jimsumner
05-09-2016, 01:29 PM
I think he's on the frequent buyer plan.

Every 10th surgery is free.

duke79
05-09-2016, 03:03 PM

LOL, I hope he got a better deal than that with Duke Med (or "Duke Health" now?). Sometime, like .......buy five, get the sixth one free.

In all seriousness, I've had hernia surgery. Relatively simple and straightforward but still takes some time to fully recover. You are quite sore "down there" for a few weeks.

And I wish him good luck and a speedy recovery!

Tom B.
05-09-2016, 03:03 PM

It's part of his master plan to become bionic. He's just replacing all of his body parts one at a time.

Henderson
05-09-2016, 03:51 PM
It's part of his master plan to become bionic. He's just replacing all of his body parts one at a time.

What if someone is secretly saving all the old Coach K body parts to create a new "original" Coach K? Which would be the "real" one?

Doria
05-09-2016, 04:01 PM
What if someone is secretly saving all the old Coach K body parts to create a new "original" Coach K? Which would be the "real" one?

Presumably, both! I would be fine with this plan, provided we could eventually end up with an army of Coach K's!

ipatent
05-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Is he still on for the commencement speech this weekend?

CDu
05-10-2016, 08:19 PM
LOL, I hope he got a better deal than that with Duke Med (or "Duke Health" now?). Sometime, like ....buy five, get the sixth one free.

In all seriousness, I've had hernia surgery. Relatively simple and straightforward but still takes some time to fully recover. You are quite sore "down there" for a few weeks.

And I wish him good luck and a speedy recovery!

Just don't sneeze.

OldPhiKap
05-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Just don't sneeze.

No doubt. I had this surgery a few years ago. Not too long of a recovery, but you don't think about how important those muscles are until you try to get in or out of bed. Or stand. Or sit. Or or or.

Get well soon, Coach!!!!!!

aimo
05-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Is he still on for the commencement speech this weekend?

I have heard YES.

CDu
05-11-2016, 10:25 AM
No doubt. I had this surgery a few years ago. Not too long of a recovery, but you don't think about how important those muscles are until you try to get in or out of bed. Or stand. Or sit. Or or or.

Get well soon, Coach!!!!!!

I was unfortunate enough to have had the hernia surgery at age 22. Surgery itself was fine (in and out of the hospital in under 4 hours), and as you said the recovery time was minimal (back to all general, minimal weight-bearing activities within a week or so). But, oh man, did the little things hurt. It's hard to adequately describe the searing pain that a sneeze caused.

weezie
05-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Much akin to giving birth. But not the total panoply of fun.

El_Diablo
05-11-2016, 10:51 AM
I guess this means that Roy will go out and get hernia surgery in a couple weeks, right?

BoiseDevil
05-11-2016, 11:38 AM
I guess this means that Roy will go out and get hernia surgery in a couple weeks, right?

No, but Roy offered the surgeon's son.

Turns out the nurse was a UNC "grad". She overheard K offer his son as he emerged from anesthesia . She called the UNC Parr Center for Ethics to report.

Roy was writing an AFAM paper at the time (euphemism for golfing), but he Skyped Fats nonetheless. Both spoke rudimentary Swahili online, and Fats promised to deliver the nurse a Hertz Camaro for 6 months gratis.

Lastly, Roy promised he'd send Tyler over to read "Chicken Little" to the nurse's 1st grader for "Show & Tell".

The "Carolina Way" is strong as ever...

devildeac
05-11-2016, 12:57 PM
No, but Roy offered the surgeon's son.

Turns out the nurse was a UNC "grad". She overheard K offer his son as he emerged from anesthesia . She called the UNC Parr Center for Ethics to report.

Roy was writing an AFAM paper at the time (euphemism for golfing), but he Skyped Fats nonetheless. Both spoke rudimentary Swahili online, and Fats promised to deliver the nurse a Hertz Camaro for 6 months gratis.

Lastly, Roy promised he'd send Tyler over to read "Chicken Little" to the nurse's 1st grader for "Show & Tell".

The "Carolina Way" is strong as ever...

Well done, but you missed one: roy threw the women's golf team under the cart, err, bus.