PDA

View Full Version : Shelden hired by Nets as pro scout

duke74
05-05-2016, 09:23 PM
In the NY Post feed tonight.

Dukeford
05-06-2016, 07:29 PM
I never have been able to understand how Glenn Big Baby Davis was able to have such a better NBA career than Shelden.

johnb
05-07-2016, 02:56 PM
I was surprised as well, though I have been pleasantly surprised by the NBA success of some of our other guys, like Lance Thomas.

Having said, there's room in the NBA for former Duke players. He might well be earning an NBA paycheck in 20 years, which wouldn't have been true if he'd had great success as a player.

ipatent
05-08-2016, 08:43 AM
I never have been able to understand how Glenn Big Baby Davis was able to have such a better NBA career than Shelden.

The scouting report on Shelden when he came out was that he wasn't a fluid athlete. Mechanical. Not sure whether that was what shortened his NBA career. Sometimes it depends on being in the right place at the right time.

I don't remember Davis very well. Has he had a good career?

Edouble
05-08-2016, 10:37 AM
I was surprised as well, though I have been pleasantly surprised by the NBA success of some of our other guys, like Lance Thomas.

Having said, there's room in the NBA for former Duke players. He might well be earning an NBA paycheck in 20 years, which wouldn't have been true if he'd had great success as a player.

Is that "he" Shelden or Lance? Also, I don't understand.