PDA

View Full Version : As only a Carolina player would know...

Seattledukie
04-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Heat fans were scolded on national radio this week by former NBA center Brendan Haywood.

“Miami is not a tough gym to play in,” Haywood said on Sirius XM. “They have the wine and cheese crowd. They have the late arriving crowd. They have the crowd that will leave early if their team is down. There’s a lot of eye candy… [But] as far as homecourt advantage, Miami, I’m sorry, the city doesn’t have it. It’s not in ‘em. They don’t have that same passion the fans in Portland have.”

As AP's Tim Reynolds smartly noted after I posted this, he was 7-14 in games he played as a visiting player in Miami.

MChambers
04-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Heat fans were scolded on national radio this week by former NBA center Brendan Haywood.

“Miami is not a tough gym to play in,” Haywood said on Sirius XM. “They have the wine and cheese crowd. They have the late arriving crowd. They have the crowd that will leave early if their team is down. There’s a lot of eye candy… [But] as far as homecourt advantage, Miami, I’m sorry, the city doesn’t have it. It’s not in ‘em. They don’t have that same passion the fans in Portland have.”

As AP's Tim Reynolds smartly noted after I posted this, he was 7-14 in games he played as a visiting player in Miami.

Did he consult with Sam Cassell on this assessment?

AIRFORCEDUKIE
04-29-2016, 03:15 PM
To be fair there is a lot to do in Miami. A trip to AA arena is another social event. There are a lot of big money people close to the floor just there to get seen and show off how close they can sit to the court. The real fans sit up top and we get with it an most never leave early and show up on time. Its the lower court crowd that gets there half way through the 1st quarter and leaves to go to club 11 before the 4th quarter is out. But the Heat have been pretty good for the last decade so I don't see the point of his argument.

plimnko
04-29-2016, 03:40 PM
sounds to me like another case of a cheat hill copying someone's homework.