PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Speech

mailman2927
04-23-2016, 11:27 AM
MP3's banquet speech is up on Duke Blue Planet. Pretty powerful speech. DT's uncle/trainer should watch it, might learn what Duke and Coach K. are all about.

Marc81
04-23-2016, 11:52 AM
This is why I love Duke basketball so much. Thanks for the heads up.

mr. synellinden
04-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Wow. That gave me chills. What an impressive young man and an excellent, extremely well delivered speech. I encourage everyone to go watch it any time you need an extra shot of pride in the Duke program.

I also couldn't help but think about what Derryck Thornton must have been feeling while listening to that.

JBDuke
04-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Wow, there's a whole lot of dust flying around my living room today. My eyes keep watering.

kAzE
04-24-2016, 01:30 PM
Fantastic speech! You're the best, Marshall! It was awesome to watch you come through the program and become a fine young man. Best of luck going forward.

Willy2351
04-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Marshall's speech was awesome!

I don't pretend to know what Derryck was thinking and feeling. It is a bit sad, though, to realize that he is throwing away not only the experience of being part of the Duke program for the next three years, but also the tangible and intangible benefits of being part of the program for the rest of his life. I hope that things work out for Derryck. There could be a lot on the positive side of the ledger, but there sure is a lot on the negative side.

CameronBornAndBred
04-24-2016, 05:30 PM
I was beyond lucky enough to be at his Senior night, and made sure to stay for his farewell. He wasn't the only one in tears that night. At that moment I looked forward to his future with great wonderment. He is going places, regardless of basketball.
He is excellent with words.

gep
04-24-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't think I saw this linked before... hopefully this is as good a place to link this as any...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBREEnASiw

as his last words in his banquet speech goes... "I WILL BE GREAT"

DukieInKansas
04-25-2016, 10:38 AM
I don't think I saw this linked before... hopefully this is as good a place to link this as any...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBREEnASiw

as his last words in his banquet speech goes... "I WILL BE GREAT"

Thanks for sharing. Is that Native in the video?