PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Duke official party/game watch location

msdukie
03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
For all of you coming to Tampa for the ACC Tournament, the Duke Club of Tampa Bay has procured Splitsvile in Channelside (a couple blocks east of the Forum) as Duke's official party/gamewatch location. Channelside is the entertainment district near the Forum and all 12 schools will have areas there. This appears to be the hub of activity for the weekend (the official Duke hotel is the Grand Hyatt, which is on the other side of Tampa from the Forum and the games). Splitsville will be Duke's location for every game of the tourney (including non-Duke games) and for general get togethers even when there aren't any games. Additionally, fans will have the opportunity to exchange/buy/sell tickets with other Duke fans there. Splitsville is best described as an "upscale" bowling alley with dining and a bar and its has lots of TVs.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or e-mail me at: mstein@alumni.duke.edu.

Hope to see lots of you in Tampa.

-Mike Stein '97, Duke Club of Tampa Bay VP

Stray Gator
03-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey Mike, good to see you on the DBR Board! Thanks again for the ride from the airport at RDU. I doubt our schedule for the weekend will afford an opportunity to stop by Splitsville, but I'll look forward to seeing you and some of our other fellow local Duke Club members in the Blue Devils' corner at the Ice Palace!

Stray ~~~;~~;~ http://mudlizard.com/users/icons/emoticons/chomp.gif

msdukie
03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks Stray. I enjoyed our chat on the way from the airport (and thanks for the shortcut through Durham). See you in the Duke section this weekend.

-Mike