PDA

View Full Version : Duke Women's Basketball Awards Celebration

jtelander
04-21-2016, 12:37 PM
The Duke Women's Basketball program held its award celebration earlier this week. Here's a link to the results

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210898063

Looking at the awards recipients, I found it curious that the player of the year did not score a single field goal this season.
On the other hand, the player who led the team in scoring and rebounding (Azura Stevens) and the player who led in assists (Angela Salvadores) were ignored completely.

Kedsy
04-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Looking at the awards recipients, I found it curious that the player of the year did not score a single field goal this season.
On the other hand, the player who led the team in scoring and rebounding (Azura Stevens) and the player who led in assists (Angela Salvadores) were ignored completely.

Why do you care? On the scale of things to worry about within Duke's women's basketball program, this seems pretty low on the list.

OldPhiKap
04-21-2016, 01:29 PM
The Duke Women's Basketball program held its award celebration earlier this week. Here's a link to the results

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210898063

Well, these are curious times I guess.

johnb
04-21-2016, 01:32 PM

Interesting observation. These are not positive factoids and would substantiate the rumors that all is not well.

aswewere
04-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Why do you care? On the scale of things to worry about within Duke's women's basketball program, this seems pretty low on the list.

It would be nice to see some form of normalcy return to our program, these have been very bizarre unwelcomed conditions for our all.
Look foreword to the time when we are only concerned about who is the next great recruit and when is our first game.

Kedsy
04-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Interesting observation. These are not positive factoids and would substantiate the rumors that all is not well.

Unless they simply substantiate the observation that the coaching staff probably didn't feel like giving out awards to players who abandoned the program (whether the abandonment was justified or not).

We don't need "rumors" to know that "all is not well" in DWB. The fact that Azura and Angela felt compelled to leave Duke and that there's apparently an investigation into whether the head coach has mistreated her players says all that needs to be said, at least until the investigation concludes. And in any event I don't see how the decision not to honor departed players (whether you agree with that decision or not) substantiates much of anything.

There are no more tea leaves to read here.

Henderson
04-21-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm just glad I wasn't in charge of planning that event.

But now that it's over, I'm glad of that too.