PDA

View Full Version : MLax: Class Breaks Reord

burnspbesq
04-18-2016, 11:18 AM
With five goals yesterday, Deemer Class has 41 for the season, breaking the single-season goal-scoring record for Duke midfielders previously held by Rob Rotanz and Myles Jones.

Congrats to Deemer.

lmb
04-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Awesome!

I wish more folks followed lacrosse. My son plays attack in 9th grade and follows the Duke team as much as I follow the basketball team. He was watching yesterday's game on his phone because it wasn't being shown in our area.

I really hope the game spreads to other parts of the country and that it eventually becomes an Olympic sport. I love basketball, but there's nothing more exciting than a team being down 3 goals with a couple minutes left and knowing if you have a good FOGO guy then you're still in it.

MCFinARL
04-18-2016, 12:38 PM
Awesome!

I wish more folks followed lacrosse. My son plays attack in 9th grade and follows the Duke team as much as I follow the basketball team. He was watching yesterday's game on his phone because it wasn't being shown in our area.

I really hope the game spreads to other parts of the country and that it eventually becomes an Olympic sport. I love basketball, but there's nothing more exciting than a team being down 3 goals with a couple minutes left and knowing if you have a good FOGO guy then you're still in it.

I think your first hope is already happening--the game is growing as a youth and high school sport and somewhat more slowly as a college sport.

Based on the overall quality level and lack of depth at the men's world championship and women's world cup competitions, however, I think we are a long, long way from Olympic lacrosse. With two exceptions, the only countries ever to medal in either competition are the US, Canada, and Australia. (The exceptions, if your are interested: in 2014 the Iroquois Nationals placed third on the men''s side; in 1986 Scotland took third on the women's side.)