PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Classic

NashvilleDevil
04-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Im not watching but social media is blowing up about Frank Jackson falling hard and hurting his neck and head. This is after a UCONN commit left with a shoulder injury.

richardjackson199
04-15-2016, 08:52 PM
I didn't see it. How bad did it look?

tbyers11
04-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Im not watching but social media is blowing up about Frank Jackson falling hard and hurting his neck and head. This is after a UCONN commit left with a shoulder injury.

He went up for a rebound and got knocked off balance and couldn't brace his fall. He landed on his back and his head snapped back and hit the floor. It was pretty scary. He was moving everything just fine but walked off with help to the locker room and appeared quite woozy. I'm not a doctor but I bet he has a concussion. I highly doubt he returns to the game.

Olympic Fan
04-15-2016, 09:04 PM
I watched most of the first half ... which was quite a chore, since the ESPN 3-man crew wasn't interested in talking about the game in front of them and it was hard to follow who did what.

Tatum made some nice plays in the first half, including a beautiful step-back jumper, but also took some wild shots.

Jackson did not play well before his fall -- he missed an uncontested dunk and clanked a wide open 3 ... I think he did hit a nice runner in the lane, but not sure -- that was one of the plays, the announcers didn't bother to mention.

The fall was ugly, but there didn't appear to be any structural damage. He may have hit the back of his head on the floor and suffered a concussion, but that would be the worst of it.

I probably won't watch much of the second half -- this is a typical all-star game, no structure, no defense -- just a bunch of guys out there playing selfishly and trying to make spectacular plays.

jipops
04-15-2016, 09:08 PM
I watched most of the first half ... which was quite a chore, since the ESPN 3-man crew wasn't interested in talking about the game in front of them and it was hard to follow who did what.

Tatum made some nice plays in the first half, including a beautiful step-back jumper, but also took some wild shots.

Jackson did not play well before his fall -- he missed an uncontested dunk and clanked a wide open 3 ... I think he did hit a nice runner in the lane, but not sure -- that was one of the plays, the announcers didn't bother to mention.

The fall was ugly, but there didn't appear to be any structural damage. He may have hit the back of his head on the floor and suffered a concussion, but that would be the worst of it.

I probably won't watch much of the second half -- this is a typical all-star game, no structure, no defense -- just a bunch of guys out there playing selfishly and trying to make spectacular plays.

I watched a few minutes and couldn't take much more. Obviously some talented guys out there but the basketball was awful. Tatum was the ball stopper many have described him to be, but then again so was everyone else in this game. It didn't matter if a shot wasn't there. He was going to take it. I sure hope Tatum passes it some when he gets on campus. I didn't see Jackson at all.

Of the little bit I saw, Adebayo was the most impressive. That guy is a beast.

Green Wave Dukie
04-15-2016, 10:15 PM
Of the little bit I saw, Adebayo was the most impressive. That guy is a beast.

Saw him twice his senior year while he was at HPCA and sure gotta agree with that. He's a great athlete. Reminds me of a young Dwight Howard. And talked to some of his coaches many times and they say he's got a great attitude, too.

Olympic Fan
04-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Video of Jackson's fall:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15212884

Still no word on the extent of the injury ... but he did NOT return to the game.

devildeac
04-16-2016, 01:45 AM
Vigil needed?

;)

LittleCat
04-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Video of Jackson's fall:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15212884

Still no word on the extent of the injury ... but he did NOT return to the game.

Wow, scary fall. Wish him the best and hope he gets over it soon.

BD80
04-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Wow, scary fall. Wish him the best and hope he gets over it soon.

I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande

Ichabod Drain
04-16-2016, 10:23 AM
His trainer said he did suffer a concussion but no other injuries and that he is fine now.

oldnavy
04-16-2016, 10:53 AM
His trainer said he did suffer a concussion but no other injuries and that he is fine now.

These falls scare me to death because my son got a concussion the exact same way. He has had a heck of a time with it. He got through the acute phase well enough, but he has had some serious lingering issues such as headaches, depression, dizziness, etc... classic post concussion syndrome.

Glad to say that now after about 6 years he is much better and is basically back to baseline, but what an ordeal we went through.

Concussions are no joke, and are very different in each case. I have had two that I know for sure in my life, both in HS. I don't think I have any sequelae (my wife my argue that I do). My son had just the one and it was a mess, so it's hard to know what to expect.

I hope Frank's is minor and he has no lingering effects!

NashvilleDevil
04-16-2016, 03:12 PM

Did his trainer mention how he was doing in the pick and roll offense before the injury?

Ichabod Drain
04-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Did his trainer mention how he was doing in the pick and roll offense before the injury?

He said it was coming along great and that's how he expects Frank to be used in the majority of his possessions next year... As promised by coach K.

NSDukeFan
04-17-2016, 08:38 PM
He said it was coming along great and that's how he expects Frank to be used in the majority of his possessions next year... As promised by coach K.

Would that be closer to 25 or 250 pick and roll plays next year for Jackson?

JohnJ
04-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Here is the link to the box score:

http://jordanbrandclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Jordan-Classic-National-Box-Score.pdf

I haven't seen it posted.