PDA

View Full Version : Marques Bolden to be on ESPNU

redick4pres
04-13-2016, 11:00 AM
I know this is related to Duke recruiting so if the mods need to move this thread, feel free to do so. Just a quick note from a friend who owns a production company and works with many networks. Marques Bolden is set to appear on ESPNU this evening between 5:30pm and 7pm to talk recruiting. However, he is NOT expected to make an announcement today. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Ichabod Drain
04-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I know this is related to Duke recruiting so if the mods need to move this thread, feel free to do so. Just a quick note from a friend who owns a production company and works with many networks. Marques Bolden is set to appear on ESPNU this evening between 5:30pm and 7pm to talk recruiting. However, he is NOT expected to make an announcement today. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Apparently Bolden, Giles, Tatum, Jeff Capel, Steve Alford, and Vandy's Bryce Drew will all be on recruiting nation tonight. What a lineup for Duke.

Dev11
04-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Jeff Capel

Classic Coach K, deferring the interviews to his assistants. Does he think he's too good for Recruiting Nation? ;)

DukeFanSince1990
04-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Classic Coach K, deferring the interviews to his assistants. Does he think he's too good for Recruiting Nation? ;)

You know he has never talked to me come to think about it.

PalmettoExpat
04-13-2016, 01:01 PM

Not friendly or cool

cato
04-13-2016, 01:03 PM

He did respond to a letter from my mom, when she sent him some advice re X's and O's and substitution patterns a few years (decades) back. This was before the days of the board, but rest assured that her advice would have received a lot of support here.

She was disappointed he didn't take her advice, but results do seem to have been okay.

SCMatt33
04-13-2016, 01:03 PM

If only they could get Beyoncé to host it...

Henderson
04-13-2016, 01:09 PM
If only they could get Beyoncé to host it...

She's gonna be busy tonight. Sorry guys.

luburch
04-13-2016, 01:11 PM
She's gonna be busy tonight. Sorry guys.

She let you know that she was coming to see me? Strange, she's usually so discreet.

PalmettoExpat
04-13-2016, 01:20 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/duke/story/1660507-jordan-brand-marques-bolden-talks-to-media

Reiterates he's not announcing tonight, but knows he's running out of time to make a decision.

Says he's ready to decide, but it seems like he hasn't decided.

Visit with assistants went well, and Cal also talked to him yesterday over the phone I believe. (Where UK's scholarship coming from though??)

...I know I'm ready for this kid to decide. Come on Marques!

kAzE
04-13-2016, 01:35 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/duke/story/1660507-jordan-brand-marques-bolden-talks-to-media

Reiterates he's not announcing tonight, but knows he's running out of time to make a decision.

Says he's ready to decide, but it seems like he hasn't decided.

Visit with assistants went well, and Cal also talked to him yesterday over the phone I believe. (Where UK's scholarship coming from though??)

...I know I'm ready for this kid to decide. Come on Marques!

Pretty extensive clip there. First impression: I like the guy. He seems pretty down to earth and treated the media folks with respect. He seems to get the competition aspect of going to schools with established guys at his position, too. Who knows if he'll still be singing the same tune if he doesn't get a lot of playing time, but it would be hard to imagine a guy like him not getting a decent amount of run. Not sure how that will work out on our team, since you'd assume Amile and Harry will eat first, and you have to imagine that Chase Jeter will have something to prove as well. But who knows? Maybe Bolden is phenomenal. He would certainly be the biggest rotation player on the team. In any case, hope he picks Duke!

devildeac
04-13-2016, 01:47 PM
Not friendly or cool

Just don't let your uncle/trainer know...

:rolleyes:;)

Ima Facultiwyfe
04-13-2016, 01:56 PM

He's at home recovering from surgery. Bless your heart, have you been under a rock someplace?

I would imagine some of the reason the members of the coaching tree are in such lucrative positions is the fact that those guys all were given extensive exposure to the media. Doesn't hurt to have their faces familiar with recruits, either. After all, everybody already knows K.
Love, Ima

Spanarkel
04-13-2016, 02:09 PM
I KNOW Coach K. spoke to the media at halftime of the Duke-Lehigh game. Hurts to recall that night!

NSDukeFan
04-13-2016, 02:29 PM
He did respond to a letter from my mom, when she sent him some advice re X's and O's and substitution patterns a few years (decades) back. This was before the days of the board, but rest assured that her advice would have received a lot of support here.

She was disappointed he didn't take her advice, but results do seem to have been okay.

Did she suggest playing zone defense and making sure develop the bench?

MCFinARL
04-13-2016, 02:35 PM
I KNOW Coach K. spoke to the media at halftime of the Duke-Lehigh game. Hurts to recall that night!

Yes, I think in the NCAA tournament they usually require the head coaches to do the halftime interviews, so he doesn't have the option of deferring to an assistant.

davekay1971
04-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Yes, I think in the NCAA tournament they usually require the head coaches to do the halftime interviews, so he doesn't have the option of deferring to an assistant.

He could always pull a Beast Mode...

oldnavy
04-13-2016, 04:34 PM

Which is one of the biggest wastes of time they ever came up with IMO. I have never heard anything in one of these interviews that was enlightening or even remotely interesting.

Interviewing a random fan would be much more entertaining IMO.

Or, how about interviewing the refs? I'd love to see that.... "What do you and your crew need to work on in the second half to get this game back under control?" "Are you going to start enforcing the traveling on Hansbrough at any point in this game?" "What did Coach K say to you when he was screaming at the top of his lungs after the blocking call on Cook?"
"Are you guys going for a record number of hand checking calls tonight?"

I mean, that could be really fun to watch!

BandAlum83
04-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Which is one of the biggest wastes of time they ever came up with IMO. I have never heard anything in one of these interviews that was enlightening or even remotely interesting.

Or, how about interviewing the refs? I'd love to see that... "What do you and your crew need to work on in the second half to get this game back under control?" "Are you going to start enforcing the traveling on Hansbrough at any point in this game?" "What did Coach K say to you when he was screaming at the top of his lungs after the blocking call on Cook?"

"You must spread some Comments around before commenting on oldnavy again."

PalmettoExpat
04-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Just don't let your uncle/trainer know...

:rolleyes:;)

Haha yes! My reference exactly

Henderson
04-13-2016, 06:45 PM

Gotcha covered.

devildeac
04-13-2016, 08:26 PM

Or, how about interviewing the refs? I'd love to see that... "What do you and your crew need to work on in the second half to get this game back under control?" "Are you going to start enforcing the traveling on Hansbrough at any point in this game?" "What did Coach K say to you when he was screaming at the top of his lungs after the blocking call on Cook?"

I've either sporked you too recently or have been sporking too much the last 24 hours, but that's damned funny and I'd love to see/hear those interviews.

luburch
04-14-2016, 07:10 AM

"I noticed you looked a little fatigued on your last rotation to the baseline, is it safe to say you may be suffering from emotional and physical fatigue?"

"So you ejected Coach Cal in 13 seconds. Only one question, what took you so long?"

Henderson
04-14-2016, 07:45 AM
"I noticed you looked a little fatigued on your last rotation to the baseline, is it safe to say you may be suffering from emotional and physical fatigue?"

"So you ejected Coach Cal in 13 seconds. Only one question, what took you so long?"

"People have called you a role model for the sight-deprived everywhere. How do you respond?"

"Cheeseburgers during the game. Wow. Isn't it hard to blow the whistle?"

"When you swallow the whistle like you did in the last 5 minutes of the half, do you just wait until morning to recover it?"