PDA

View Full Version : Amile Jefferson's Hardship Waiver

hackysack123
04-05-2016, 11:28 AM
has there been any official word on Amile returning? Most sources keep suggesting he will be granted the waiver, but I have not heard anything definitive. Just wondering if anyone has most insight?

CDu
04-05-2016, 11:31 AM
has there been any official word on Amile returning? Most sources keep suggesting he will be granted the waiver, but I have not heard anything definitive. Just wondering if anyone has most insight?

Nothing official yet, but there's really no reason to assume he won't get granted the waiver. He qualifies in every aspect.

OldPhiKap
04-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Nothing official yet, but there's really no reason to assume he won't get granted the waiver. He qualifies in every aspect.

Plus, Duke gets all the calls.

gep
04-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Now that Duke will have Grayson for next year, Amile is the last piece of the puzzle. Hoping for good news...:cool:

flyingdutchdevil
04-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Now that Duke will have Grayson for next year, Amile is the last piece of the puzzle. Hoping for good news...:cool:

Nope. Three pieces left. Amile is definitely one of them, though.

mattman91
04-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Nope. Three pieces left. Amile is definitely one of them, though.

Amile, Bolden, and...

flyingdutchdevil
04-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Amile, Bolden, and...

...read the thread in bright yellow up top ;)

CDu
04-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Amile, Bolden, and...

Well, something still has to happen for Bolden to be able to come...

jimsumner
04-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Amile's medical redshirt is pretty standard stuff. If one plays no more than 30 percent of one's games, does not play in the second half of the season and suffers a season-ending injury, then there's no wiggle room. It's just a question of paperwork.

flyingdutchdevil
04-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Amile's medical redshirt is pretty standard stuff. If one plays no more than 30 percent of one's games, does not play in the second half of the season and suffers a season-ending injury, then there's no wiggle room. It's just a question of paperwork.

This is the NCAA. "Pretty standard stuff" can turn into a huge project for them. Think renewing your license at the DMV...in New York City...

devildeac
04-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Amile, Bolden, and...

...read the thread in bright yellow up top ;)

He whose name even Jim Sumner shall not mention :rolleyes: ;) .

duke74
04-06-2016, 05:20 PM
This is the NCAA. "Pretty standard stuff" can turn into a huge project for them. Think renewing your license at the DMV...in New York City...

Be nice to the DMV here. ;) Sure it's the same anywhere.

BTW, I haven't been to a DMV office in 10 years (about). We do have this thing called the internet here and online renewals. Blas hasn't redistributed it yet.

jimsumner
04-06-2016, 06:08 PM

I don't want to think about the DMV here in Raleigh.

hackysack123
04-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Anyone know how Amile is recovering? Will he need surgery or anything? Thanks!

BandAlum83
04-20-2016, 10:18 AM

Amile Jefferson Boot watch!?

OldPhiKap
04-20-2016, 10:25 AM

My guess is that if surgery was necessary, it was done long ago. I have not heard any follow-up on medical condition or status of training. It was reported at the end of the season (K even said this at a press conference IIRC) that Amile was recovering and running in the pool, but just could not push off without pain. So I think it's healing as expected, albeit slower than was hoped as of mid-February.

I will defer to those who have better info though.