PDA

View Full Version : Coach has his knee replacement surgery

diablesseblu
04-03-2016, 03:21 PM
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2016/04/krzyzewski-undergoes-knee-replacement-surgery-sunday

Am happy this is done, and hope he has a quick, uneventful recovery. Know from someone close to him that he has been having significant discomfort with the knee.

subzero02
04-03-2016, 03:24 PM
This must have been a pressing issue considering his Olympic obligation.

weezie
04-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Good news! He'll be feeling better very soon, I hope!

GET WELL SOON COACH K!!!

dukelifer
04-03-2016, 04:05 PM
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2016/04/krzyzewski-undergoes-knee-replacement-surgery-sunday

Am happy this is done, and hope he has a quick, uneventful recovery. Know from someone close to him that he has been having significant discomfort with the knee.

He has to deliver the commencement address on May 15.

BD80
04-03-2016, 04:54 PM
This must have been a pressing issue considering his Olympic obligation.

This has been scheduled for quite a while

cspan37421
04-03-2016, 05:24 PM
He has to deliver the commencement address on May 15.

That is very surprising on a number of levels.
Given his surgery, prep for Olympics, etc., one wonders why he would choose this year to give the address. I don't think he's in the habit of doing this, at least not at Duke.

Let's face it ... at some point he's going to give a valedictory and ride off into the sunset. We all hope and expect that's 5+ years in the future (and that it always will be). Seems to me that if he was going to give the commencement speech at Duke, he'd wait until then.

dukelifer
04-03-2016, 05:28 PM
That is very surprising on a number of levels.
Given his surgery, prep for Olympics, etc., one wonders why he would choose this year to give the address. I don't think he's in the habit of doing this, at least not at Duke.

Let's face it ... at some point he's going to give a valedictory and ride off into the sunset. We all hope and expect that's 5+ years in the future (and that it always will be). Seems to me that if he was going to give the commencement speech at Duke, he'd wait until then.

It was surprising on many levels. Rarely does a Duke employee give the address. That said- it is not clear if he agreed when knowing he was getting his knee relplaced. The rehab can be a bit challenging but depends on the person. We shall see what happens.

OldPhiKap
04-03-2016, 05:44 PM
I was hoping that Jeff Capel was going to replace K's knees.

Get well soon, Coach!

wsb3
04-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Coach K..Prayers for fast & complete healing..

weezie
04-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Anybody think that Coach K was feeling a bit more comfortable after the game last night?

dukelifer
04-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Anybody think that Coach K was feeling a bit more comfortable after the game last night?

Doubt he gave it a second thought. Not his teams. Probably happy that it was a good game to represent college bball.