PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Coach!, Thanks Team!

NancyCarol
03-31-2016, 09:14 PM
I lurk in here a lot, not usually posting since my enthusiasm for Duke far exceeds my basketball knowledge. I just wanted to say
a thank you to the team for this year, for their effort, for their dignity, and to Coach K. for always representing the best of sport
and mentorship to the young men in his care.

OldPhiKap
03-31-2016, 09:24 PM
I lurk in here a lot, not usually posting since my enthusiasm for Duke far exceeds my basketball knowledge. I just wanted to say
a thank you to the team for this year, for their effort, for their dignity, and to Coach K. for always representing the best of sport

Count me in too.

Owen Meany
03-31-2016, 09:48 PM
Nice thread. This team fought hard against adversity in the form of injuries (Jefferson and Jones) and the draining effect of a relentlessly negative media focus on Allen. It was great to see Plumlee continue to develop, and make a large leap, in his fifth year at Duke. And Allen and Ingram shouldered a considerable burden, despite their inexperience, need for weight/strength(BI) and outside pressures (GA). The team was always competitive, and managed to tough its way through games that seemed like should be out of reach. They were a very good team.

There are many Duke fans who have become terribly spoiled by the teams incredible success over the last 25+ years. So its great to hear Coach K, despite all of his achievements, acknowledge and truly appreciate this team for itself. I think it is human nature for many people, particularly coaches, to compare teams to previous teams, to see what that team was not. Coach K made a point to emphasize that he appreciated this team for what it was. And the team deserves that - so congrats to them on an impressive season.

CatDevil
03-31-2016, 10:15 PM

I love Coach K, and have loved every Duke team since I was a young girl. Some of my fondest memories are cheering with my Granddaddy while we listened to games on the radio. I cried when we lost, and looked forward to the soda in a glass bottle when we won. So, thank you NancyCarol, Thank you Coach, and Thank you to the 2015-2016 Duke Team. More wonderful memories!!!

DukieInKansas
04-01-2016, 01:43 AM
This was truly a special year and a special team. Thank you, team and coaches, for representing the university well and giving us so much to cheer for this year.

jv001
04-01-2016, 07:01 AM

NancyCarol, Thank you for this thread. Same here, a big thank you to this team for never giving up. You guys gave it all you had. You were forced to play heavy mpg and still play hard. You were a special group, just as Coach K said. God bless you in everything you do. GoDuke!

moonpie23
04-01-2016, 07:38 AM
there's no way to tell the team and staff directly how much we appreciate all that they do. Buying tickets and attending games just don't quite do it...

Hopefully these posts will be seen by some of them..

huge thanks to them all!!!

lmb
04-01-2016, 11:20 AM
It was an amazing season. And I will never forget the game in Chapel Hill....maybe my favorite Duke/UNC game ever. Loved watching this team! Thank you coaches and players for your hard work, dedication and class!

bjornolf
04-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Congrats to the team and Coach K on a great season! We love you guys!

Devilwin
04-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Making the Sweet Sixteen was a great accomplishment for this team. They deserve kudoes for that.