PDA

View Full Version : A couple quizzes

vfefrenzy
03-31-2016, 12:46 PM
I made these Duke quizzes a couple weeks ago and thought I would share them here.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/vfefrenzy/studsamongstuds

http://www.sporcle.com/games/vfefrenzy/9192011015

1999ballboy
03-31-2016, 01:22 PM
I love Sporcle and Duke basketball, so this is a good thing. There are a few problems with the first quiz though. Thomas Hill only wore 25 in '90; he wore 12 the rest of the time. Andre Buckner's name is misspelled, and Andre Sweet was no more a member of the 2001 championship team than Olek Czyz in '10 or Rasheed Sulaimon and Semi Ojeleye in '15. Other than that, it was a lot of fun, and I got them all except "Bruckner"!

vfefrenzy
03-31-2016, 02:25 PM
I love Sporcle and Duke basketball, so this is a good thing. There are a few problems with the first quiz though. Thomas Hill only wore 25 in '90; he wore 12 the rest of the time. Andre Buckner's name is misspelled, and Andre Sweet was no more a member of the 2001 championship team than Olek Czyz in '10 or Rasheed Sulaimon and Semi Ojeleye in '15. Other than that, it was a lot of fun, and I got them all except "Bruckner"!

Bruckner is on me. The rest are on Duke's website. I copied names, numbers and positions straight from there. What's interesting is that Czyz, Sulaimon, and Ojeleye were all removed from the rosters, but not Sweet. And apparently someone assumed Hill wore the same number his entire career.

I've updated the quizzes with the corrections you noted. Thanks for the assist.

tbyers11
03-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Bruckner is on me. The rest are on Duke's website. I copied names, numbers and positions straight from there. What's interesting is that Czyz, Sulaimon, and Ojeleye were all removed from the rosters, but not Sweet. And apparently someone assumed Hill wore the same number his entire career.

I've updated the quizzes with the corrections you noted. Thanks for the assist.

First, I also love Sporcle so thanks for the Duke basketball quizzes

I think Sweet may have still been on the roster because, IIRC, he was suspended because of academics for the spring semester in 2001 but that he didn't officially transfer until the season concluded.

A question for you, or perhaps Duke's website. If Seth Curry and Sean Obi are listed for the 2010 and 2015 teams, respectively, why isn't Dahntay Jones listed for the 2001 team?

vfefrenzy
03-31-2016, 03:07 PM
First, I also love Sporcle so thanks for the Duke basketball quizzes

I think Sweet may have still been on the roster because, IIRC, he was suspended because of academics for the spring semester in 2001 but that he didn't officially transfer until the season concluded.

A question for you, or perhaps Duke's website. If Seth Curry and Sean Obi are listed for the 2010 and 2015 teams, respectively, why isn't Dahntay Jones listed for the 2001 team?

No clue why Jones wasn't listed for '01. My memory isn't quite as sharp as it used to be, so I didn't use it where I could avoid it. I moved all the transfers to bonus answers, so that should fix the issue.