PDA

View Full Version : Frank Jackson's Position?

scottdude8
03-29-2016, 01:54 PM
I was under the impression that Frank Jackson was primarily going to be a SG/Wing type player... but a couple of recent articles I've seen talk about him more as a PG that might play over Derryck next season. What's the consensus on this from those who have seen him play?

Henderson
03-29-2016, 01:56 PM
I was under the impression that Frank Jackson was primarily going to be a SG/Wing type player... but a couple of recent articles I've seen talk about him more as a PG that might play over Derryck next season. What's the consensus on this from those who have seen him play?

He might not be competing for minutes with Derryck next year.

Oops.

CDu
03-29-2016, 01:56 PM

He's a scoring guard who can handle the ball as well, not unlike Grayson Allen. Just like this year, we aren't going to have a true PG next year. Instead, we'll rely on a team that has 3-4 playmakers on the floor at all times, and attack from multiple angles.

luburch
03-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Basketball player.

Ichabod Drain
03-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Designated Dunker

MChambers
03-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Winner. If that's his position, we'll all be happy.

jimsumner
03-29-2016, 02:20 PM
At this point--no pun intended--he's more of a ball dominant lead guard than a pure point guard. He has the size and skills to be an outstanding point guard but he's never been asked to create for his teammates.

Very explosive, great jumper. Can play through contact.

More than a few observers have compared him to a young Jason Williams. No one has compared him to a young Tommy Amaker or a young Bobby Hurley.

Dev11
03-29-2016, 02:35 PM
More than a few observers have compared him to a young Jason Williams.

I will take a young Jason Williams on any Duke team, particularly one who can dunk like Frank.

77devil
03-29-2016, 02:51 PM
He might not be competing for minutes with Derryck next year.

Oops.

So I've heard.

Henderson
03-29-2016, 03:19 PM
So I've heard.

Where?

dukelifer
03-29-2016, 04:59 PM
At this point--no pun intended--he's more of a ball dominant lead guard than a pure point guard. He has the size and skills to be an outstanding point guard but he's never been asked to create for his teammates.

Very explosive, great jumper. Can play through contact.

More than a few observers have compared him to a young Jason Williams. No one has compared him to a young Tommy Amaker or a young Bobby Hurley.

Jason Williams compared Frank to himself