PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2016 NCAA Men's BBall transfer thread

FerryFor50
03-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Figured the season is winding down and news of this stuff is starting to trickle out.

First one I've seen: James Palmer of Miami

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/03/28/james-palmer-transferring-from-miami-hurricanes/

FerryFor50
03-28-2016, 11:09 AM
And then there were the mid-season transfers:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14390188/midseason-transfer-list

FerryFor50
03-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Duh. Forgot the Martin twins:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15059973/twins-caleb-cody-martin-transferring-nc-state-wolfpack

Newton_14
03-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Duh. Forgot the Martin twins:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15059973/twins-caleb-cody-martin-transferring-nc-state-wolfpack

So to keep a running list that folks can see..
1. Caleb Martin- NC State
2. Cody Martin- NC State
3. James Palmer- Miami

Newton_14
03-28-2016, 12:42 PM
You guys just cant take a hint can you?

This thread is to keep track of the list of guys who have announced their transfer. It is not for speculation and rumor mongering and if a Duke kid intends to transfer he darn well deserves to announce it on his own terms.

Abiding by site rules and respectful decency would be appreciated.

Henderson
03-28-2016, 01:19 PM

This thread is to keep track of the list of guys who have announced their transfer. It is not for speculation and rumor mongering and if a Duke kid intends to transfer he darn well deserves to announce it on his own terms.

Are reports from Adam Rowe considered nothing more than rumor?

budwom
03-28-2016, 01:29 PM

Then perhaps a more explicit thread title would be helpful...and I say that as someone who hasn't posted on the topic.

English
03-28-2016, 01:58 PM
So to keep a running list that folks can see..
1. Caleb Martin- NC State
2. Cody Martin- NC State
3. James Palmer- Miami

Univ of Florida guard (grad transfer) - DeVon Walker
Univ of Ariz freshman guard - Justin Simon
Coppin State guard (grad transfer) - Christian Kesser
UNM PG - Cullen Neal

English
03-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Univ of Florida guard (grad transfer) - DeVon Walker
Univ of Ariz freshman guard - Justin Simon
Coppin State guard (grad transfer) - Christian Kesser
UNM PG - Cullen Neal

Memphis guard - Randall Broddie

Pghdukie
03-28-2016, 03:53 PM
If it keeps up, you can add the entire Pitt team.

English
03-28-2016, 04:16 PM
If it keeps up, you can add the entire Pitt team.

That's a good point, but mostly the Pitt kids are decommitting from their initial commitments to Pitt rather than transferring. Unless I've missed news that current Pitt players are announcing intention to transfer, which wouldn't surprise.

What is fascinating is the backstory of the kid who played for Stallings at Vandy, announced his intention to transfer from Vandy to Pitt--which Stallings ultimately BLOCKED, forcing the kid to spend a semester at a JUCO before matriculating to Pitt--who will now have as his Pitt HC...you guessed it, Kevin Stallings!!

Wow, A-W-K-W-A-R-D.

MChambers
03-28-2016, 04:45 PM
That's a good point, but mostly the Pitt kids are decommitting from their initial commitments to Pitt rather than transferring. Unless I've missed news that current Pitt players are announcing intention to transfer, which wouldn't surprise.

What is fascinating is the backstory of the kid who played for Stallings at Vandy, announced his intention to transfer from Vandy to Pitt--which Stallings ultimately BLOCKED, forcing the kid to spend a semester at a JUCO before matriculating to Pitt--who will now have as his Pitt HC...you guessed it, Kevin Stallings!!

Wow, A-W-K-W-A-R-D.
That's awful. Hope the kid has a chance to play somewhere. Guess the question is whether he'd lose another year by transferring again.

subzero02
03-28-2016, 07:34 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/pittsburgh-coach-kevin-stallings-sheldon-jeter-transfer

The kid is named Sheldon Jeter and he averaged 8.1 ppg as a junior at Pittsburgh last year. I wonder how close he is to graduating... he might be able to put himself into the grad transfer pool with a heavy summer course load. His tweet with the image of the Joker would seem to indicate that he's not looking forward to the arrival of Stallings.

Newton_14
03-28-2016, 08:06 PM
How did Pitt not know that the Stallings hire would decimate their roster? This is one of the dumbest hires I literally have ever seen. It appears to me that Pitt decided they did not want to be competitive at all in the coming years. They have just set that program back 5 to 7 years unless Calipari decides to coach there in the next 2 to 3 years or something.

BD80
03-28-2016, 08:39 PM
How did Pitt not know that the Stallings hire would decimate their roster? This is one of the dumbest hires I literally have ever seen. It appears to me that Pitt decided they did not want to be competitive at all in the coming years. They have just set that program back 5 to 7 years unless Calipari decides to coach there in the next 2 to 3 years or something.

calipari was born in the area

Buckeye Devil
03-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Daniel Giddens of Ohio State out of Georgia (via Oak Hill Academy) is leaving. He is a bit of a project but at 6-10 and very athletic, has a good upside and plays with a lot of intensity. Plus, I don't think the kid likes to lose which may explain in part why he is leaving Ohio State.