PDA

View Full Version : MLax: Duke 16, Cuse 15 (OT)

burnspbesq
03-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Fantastic comeback win for Duke, who trailed by four going to the fourth quarter. Chad Cohan with the game-winner, but the heroes for Duke were Deemer Class with seven goals and Kyle Rowe who went 19-34 on faceoffs, including a win to start overtime. If you didn't see it, watch the reply on the watch ESPN app.

fuse
03-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Great win considering the team played from behind, often way behind, all game.

Didn't make it to Koskinen, which is a shame as I really wanted to support Regan's charity and buy one of those sweet ballcaps.

Native
03-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Huge, huge win for a team that needed it after some recent head-scratchers. No giving up on this squad. Wish I could've been there in person!

Pretty fitting that Deemer, who shares jersey #10 with the late Jimmy Regan, was the leading scorer on the day with seven goals, by my count.

burnspbesq
03-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Really nice gesture by the Orange, coming out for warmups wearing #10 shirts with Regan's name on the back.

75Crazie
03-26-2016, 05:44 PM
If you didn't watch it and have a chance to see a replay, be sure to watch! The game featured two different Duke teams. The first-half team must have been the same one that lost to Richmond and Air Force. I still don't know enough about lacrosse to know exactly what I'm seeing, but even I could see that the first-half defense was, in a word, horrible. At halftime I had pretty much given up hope for the game and, possibly, for the season; I did not think that defense could support any kind of a realistic run. But a different Duke team came out to play in the second half; the defense was obviously much tighter (although helped by some lapses by the Syracuse offense), and the Duke offense was clicking. Some of the passing in the second half was a wonder to behold. And Class was in a class by himself. If the defense can continue to improve, just like it did within this one game, this team can accomplish a lot of things.

53n206
03-26-2016, 06:14 PM
With about 40 seconds left in first half Syracuse scored two straight goals. Our team did not look good at all. I thought that this was it for the season. How wrong I was wrong I was. The second half a different team showed up. The defense, great offense. It will really be interesting to see how our team performs the rest of the year.