PDA

View Full Version : St. Benedict's - 60 Minutes

Philadukie
03-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Wow, I had no idea what an amazing place that is. I knew they were great at high school bball, but I didn't know about the rest. Speaks to the type of person Lance Thomas is. If you don't know much about the school, watch tonight's segment on 60 Minutes.

Newton_14
03-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Wow, I had no idea what an amazing place that is. I knew they were great at high school bball, but I didn't know about the rest. Speaks to the type of person Lance Thomas is. If you don't know much about the school, watch tonight's segment on 60 Minutes.

I caught part of it, after watching all of Oklahoma/VCU. Not sure how much I missed, but what I did see was very impressive. It's a shame there are not more St Benedicts all over the US. The 2% dropout rate vs 30% for public schools was also very impressive. Very well rounded place too where sports is big, but not bigger than academics and other programs.

It's worth going to CBS website and watching the replay for those that missed it.

Jarhead
03-20-2016, 09:02 PM

I watched it, and I'm really impressed. Really impressed!

Channing
03-21-2016, 08:49 AM
is there a place to catch this program after the fact? My FIL went to St. Benedicts in early/mid-sixties and I'd love to learn more about the place.

kmspeaks
03-21-2016, 09:02 AM
Link for those interested. (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-newark-school-st-benedicts-scott-pelley/)I'm watching now.