PDA

View Full Version : Bennett collapses on sideline

CDu
03-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Scary moment for UVa and Tony Bennett. He collapsed on the sideline late in the first half. Hope he's okay and that it was just a fatigue thing.

Wahoo2000
03-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Scary moment for UVa and Tony Bennett. He collapsed on the sideline late in the first half. Hope he's okay and that it was just a fatigue thing.

They interviewed him coming out for the second half. Said he squatted on the sideline a little too long, was a little dehydrated, and stood up too quickly. Said he's 100% ok. A UVA writer on twitter also said he'd spotted Bennett's kids and wife in the stands laughing and smiling during halftime. Tony must've gotten word to them that the only thing hurt was his pride. (he did look pretty embarrassed right after it happened)

Ichabod Drain
03-17-2016, 04:29 PM
They interviewed him coming out for the second half. Said he squatted on the sideline a little too long, was a little dehydrated, and stood up too quickly. Said he's 100% ok. A UVA writer on twitter also said he'd spotted Bennett's kids and wife in the stands laughing and smiling during halftime. Tony must've gotten word to them that the only thing hurt was his pride. (he did look pretty embarrassed right after it happened)

Still seemed a little flustered in the interview but as you said he may have just been embarrassed.

CDu
03-17-2016, 04:33 PM

Good to hear. Scary situation, but glad it sounds to not be a concern.

OldPhiKap
03-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Agreed, hope the only thing injured is a little pride. He is a damn good coach and seems to do things the right way.

duke79
03-17-2016, 05:01 PM
He seems to be a class person. Hope he's OK.

Doria
03-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Glad he seems to be okay. I was really worried when they showed that collapse.

BD80
03-17-2016, 05:35 PM
But did he save all of his time-outs?

ipatent
03-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Great coach. Hope he feels better.

cspan37421
03-17-2016, 07:23 PM
I thought he handled it well in the presser. Classy guy.
I'm sure some feel he was just trying to burnish his down-to-earth reputation.

dukelifer
03-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Glad he seems to be okay. I was really worried when they showed that collapse.

Blood pressure meds?