PDA

View Full Version : I Believe

blazindw
03-17-2016, 11:27 AM
I believe in Grayson Allen. I believe in Brandon Ingram. I believe in Luke Kennard. I believe in Matt Jones. I believe in Marshall Plumlee.
I believe in Derryck Thornton. I believe in Chase Jeter. I believe in Sean Obi. I believe in Antonio Vrankovic.
I believe in Nick Pagliuca. I believe in Brennan Besser.
I believe in Amile Jefferson. I believe in Justin Robinson.

I believe in Jeff Capel. I believe in Nate James. I believe in Jon Scheyer. I believe in Nolan Smith.

I believe in Coach K.

I believe in the Cameron Crazies. I believe in our offense. I believe in our defense.

Most of all, I believe in this team's heart. I believe in their toughness. I believe in their courage. I believe in their ability.

I believe in the 6th man. I believe in us.

I BELIEVE IN DUKE.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-17-2016, 11:30 AM
I believe in Grayson Allen. I believe in Brandon Ingram. I believe in Luke Kennard. I believe in Matt Jones. I believe in Marshall Plumlee.
I believe in Derryck Thornton. I believe in Chase Jeter. I believe in Sean Obi. I believe in Antonio Vrankovic.

I believe in Jeff Capel. I believe in Nate James. I believe in Jon Scheyer. I believe in Nolan Smith.

I believe in Coach K.

I believe in the Cameron Crazies. I believe in our offense. I believe in our defense.

Most of all, I believe in this team's heart. I believe in their toughness. I believe in their courage. I believe in their ability.

I BELIEVE IN DUKE.

Mike Krzyzewski - Head Coach
Jeff Capel - Associate Head Coach
Nate James - Assistant Coach
Jon Scheyer - Assistant Coach
Nolan Smith - Special Assistant

I like the cut of your jib, sir! I will skip bringing the optimist thread back to the front page in lieu of this post.

Let's go Duke! Let's defend our title!

Selover

Are you guessing our starting lineup for today? 'Cause I'm okay with it...

OldPhiKap

I believe in Coach K.

I BELIEVE IN DUKE.

This. All. Day. Every. Day.

blazindw
03-17-2016, 11:33 AM

Haha, I'm predicting those 4 guys start on the bench but are major contributors. ;)

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-17-2016, 11:34 AM

Not enough size we would get killed on the boards!!!

Wait, never mind that NATE JAMES!!!!!

DukieInKansas
03-17-2016, 11:41 AM
To quote Susan from Miracle on 34th Street: "I believe... I believe... It's silly, but I believe."

I believe this team can go all the way.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Not enough size we would get killed on the boards!!!

Wait, never mind that NATE JAMES!!!!!

With K's knee, he'll be a bit slow hobbling up and down the court, but with his wizardry, I'm sure he'll fly with the greatest of ease! :cool:

JasonEvans
03-17-2016, 11:44 AM

I believe in Coach K.

I BELIEVE IN DUKE.

And where could you have gotten the idea for something like "I believe?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4

-Jason "Donald is the guy screaming 'I!!!!!' to start the cheer at the :21 mark" Evans

cspan37421
03-17-2016, 11:45 AM
I'll have one of what blazindw is having!

make mine a double - for this weekend ... and next weekend ... and ....

Clay Feet POF
03-17-2016, 11:56 AM
I Believe this is our 6 game season..............and our 6th NCAA Champ team!!

blazindw
03-17-2016, 12:45 PM
And where could you have gotten the idea for something like "I believe?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4

-Jason "Donald is the guy screaming 'I!!!!!' to start the cheer at the :21 mark" Evans

I'm also the voice doing the call that the crowd responds to the rest of the commercial. 😉

cspan37421
03-17-2016, 01:15 PM
I Believe this is our 6 game season.......and our 6th NCAA Champ team!!

If we only had clay feet - on the defensive rebounding side, we look like we have lead feet.
The biggest effort I saw in the first half w/r/t rebounding was Grayson, and he seems to have a bum ankle. I saw a lot of standing around.

Lawd have Mercer. We're losing to a team with a PG that is Lehigh to a grasshopper.

duke79
03-17-2016, 02:46 PM
i believe in grayson allen. I believe in brandon ingram. I believe in luke kennard. I believe in matt jones. I believe in marshall plumlee.
I believe in derryck thornton. I believe in chase jeter. I believe in sean obi. I believe in antonio vrankovic.
I believe in nick pagliuca. I believe in brennan besser.
I believe in amile jefferson. I believe in justin robinson.

I believe in jeff capel. I believe in nate james. I believe in jon scheyer. I believe in nolan smith.

I believe in coach k.

I believe in the cameron crazies. I believe in our offense. I believe in our defense.

Most of all, i believe in this team's heart. I believe in their toughness. I believe in their courage. I believe in their ability.

I believe in duke.

amen !!

DukieInKansas
03-17-2016, 02:46 PM
I'm also the voice doing the call that the crowd responds to the rest of the commercial. 😉

Keep it up, please!

Clay Feet POF
03-17-2016, 05:47 PM
If we only had clay feet - on the defensive rebounding side, we look like we have lead feet.
The biggest effort I saw in the first half w/r/t rebounding was Grayson, and he seems to have a bum ankle. I saw a lot of standing around.

Lawd have Mercer. We're losing to a team with a PG that is Lehigh to a grasshopper.

Yeah this is a tired team, but there are only 5 games left, if they can dig down deeper like Marshall did today, they may be able to see the Finish line in their future.

I believe this year's journey have harden our 1st year players, and shown our upper class men what needs to be done.

So let's catch our second wind and win this thing..........LET's GO!

JetpackJesus
03-17-2016, 05:56 PM

I... I believe... I believe that... I believe that we... I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!

53n206
03-17-2016, 06:12 PM
I believe that Marshall will be drafted in the first round. (If so will he be available, or must he go into the military right away?)

-jk
03-17-2016, 06:58 PM
I believe that Marshall will be drafted in the first round. (If so will he be available, or must he go into the military right away?)

I've seen that he's headed for the reserves. Might have to do with the fact that he's on a hoops scholarship, not ROTC.

-jk

Tripping William
03-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Sorry, but I can't read the thread title without immediately thinking of Elder Kevin Price's solo in "The Book of Mormon." Of course, (blue, or maybe purple) Satan might have a hold of me.

weezie
03-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Blazindeedub, bring that love back to Cameron then The Joe, then Comercia, then Ford Field of Dreams.

Just do it!

-jk
03-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Blazindeedub, bring that love back to Cameron then The Joe, then Comercia, then Ford Field of Dreams.

Just do it!

Where's the love for Houstonapolis?

-jk

weezie
03-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Yes, that's in the Cameron subset -jk! Moly Holy!