PDA

View Full Version : CBS' Matt Norlander on Brandon Ingram - great profile

Billy Dat
03-16-2016, 04:38 PM
"Duke's Brandon Ingram is rare case of a quiet, creative superstar"
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25518907/brandon-ingram-rare-case-of-a-quiet-creative-duke-superstar

Spend some time with BI as he'll belong to the NBA before we bat an eye as Laura Keely tweets:

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 35m35 minutes ago
This should not catch anyone off guard, but Krzyzewski did say today that Brandon Ingram will be a one-and-done guy, leaving this spring

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 34m34 minutes ago
More K on talking to Ingram: "This is the one time you will be in the NCAA Tournament, and to make the most of that opportunity."

flyingdutchdevil
03-16-2016, 04:39 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25518907/brandon-ingram-rare-case-of-a-quiet-creative-duke-superstar

Spend some time with BI as he'll belong to the NBA before we bat an eye as Laura Keely tweets:

This should not catch anyone off guard, but Krzyzewski did say today that Brandon Ingram will be a one-and-done guy, leaving this spring

More K on talking to Ingram: "This is the one time you will be in the NCAA Tournament, and to make the most of that opportunity."

So, what are the chances that Ingram stays for his sophomore year? :rolleyes:

flyingdutchdevil
03-16-2016, 04:58 PM
Ingram doesn't get a lot of press compared to other stars (or even Duke players, and the article goes into that), but he's such an interesting guy. I've said this in a few other threads, but I'll miss Ingram more than any other one-and-done, two-and-done, or three-and-done. It's a combination of a) Ingram having such an interesting face-up game. His skillset is perfect for the NBA, and I've come to love the NBA in recent years, b) His potential is crazy high. Between his length, his IQ, his willingness to pass, and his shooting, he has the potential to retire as the best Duke NBA player of all time, and c) he's not like a lot of Duke players. This is one of my favorite quotes from the article:

Ingram's cracked a code here. It's not easy to become a star at Duke, play your way to elite draft status and still remain relatively anonymous -- and accepted by the rest of the country. Yet Ingram's done it, and he's done it quietly, which is how he's mostly lived his life and stayed out of serious trouble in a dangerous place.

Can you name another player who fits that description? It's true that Ingram shows little emotion, that Ingram is an elite player, and that he is fairly anonymous (especially in comparison to GA and MP3, both of whom have gotten a lot of press this year). I can't think of any other Duke player who is similar like that.

DukeFanSince1990
03-16-2016, 04:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Doria
03-16-2016, 05:11 PM
That's an awesome article. He's a very interesting young man, and he has Harden's beard down cold!

Pghdukie
03-16-2016, 06:08 PM
Ask Kobe what he missed about going from Hi-school straight to the NBA - "March Madness"

DukieInBrasil
03-16-2016, 06:35 PM
Norlander is absolutely right, Ingram is not very busty. In fact, i'd go as far to say that he wouldn't even fill out an A cup.

luburch
03-17-2016, 07:09 AM

Well, uhmm, what if he really loves the college lifestyle? And, uhmm, he's great friends with Giles and they want to play together! And, uhmm, he still needs to improve his post game and he can do that under a legendary coach! :cool:

Indoor66
03-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Well, uhmm, what if he really loves the college lifestyle? And, uhmm, he's great friends with Giles and they want to play together! And, uhmm, he still needs to improve his post game and he can do that under a legendary coach! :cool:

After all that ^^^^^^, chances = 0.00%. :cool:

elvis14
03-17-2016, 03:24 PM
After all that ^^^^^^, chances = 0.00%. :cool:

Indoor66, I think you've overstated the chances here!

Billy Dat
03-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Another solid BI piece which includes yesterday's UNCW game action:

"Duke’s Brandon Ingram playing for tourney glory & top pick"
by Pete Thamel (one of the good writers on the recruiting beat)
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/03/17/duke-blue-devils-brandon-ingram-ncaa-tournament-nba

"On Thursday, Ingram snared rebounds in traffic, unselfishly passed out of double teams and showcased a solid handle for a player of his size. Sure, the competition came from the CAA and not NBA, but the smooth-jazz composure, innate touch and spell binding skill were breathtaking at times. Every stutter-step, fadeaway and feathery drop-down pass highlighted Ingram’s skills and development...."

duke blue brewcrew
03-18-2016, 10:17 AM

I'm no Matt Norlander fan. Did you see the absolute ridiculous piece he did on the "Grayson Allen trips himself twice during the game, karma wins everytime"?

Billy Dat
03-18-2016, 10:26 AM
I'm no Matt Norlander fan. Did you see the absolute ridiculous piece he did on the "Grayson Allen trips himself twice during the game, karma wins everytime"?

Yeah, well, you are allowed to dislike Norlander. I like him a lot. He's been really fair to Duke over the years and the Grayson tripping joke wrote itself.

luburch
03-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Yeah, well, you are allowed to dislike Norlander. I like him a lot. He's been really fair to Duke over the years and the Grayson tripping joke wrote itself.

Yeah, Norlander is great. My favorite of the CBS college hoops crew.