PDA

View Full Version : Chris Collins on JJ's podcast

NashvilleDevil
03-14-2016, 08:08 PM
I recommend downloading the podcast JJ had with Chris Collins. Some really great background on the relationship they have and Chris talking about his time at Northwestern. It's called The Vertical with JJ.

MartyClark
03-15-2016, 03:09 PM
I've listened to JJ's podcasts. They are all interesting and informative.

This one was the best.Chris Collins talking about recruiting JJ, his first and easiest Duke recruit. It was very interesting to hear them both talk about JJ's disappointing sophomore year and the very tough love that K and Chris Collins gave J.J.

Well worth a listen.

Billy Dat
03-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Very worth the listen indeed. I did not know JJ considered quitting the team at the end of his sophomore year because, in his words, he wanted to "party and join a frat". He said his weight was up to 225 pounds and he had a nasty looking college beard when Wojo and Collins tracked him down "hiding out" in a friend's apartment at the start of the first summer session. The coaches had called his Dad and they had an intervention of sorts with K where everyone came down on him basically saying that he wasn't worthy of winning a title and that he was content with just being a good player when he had the potential to be an all timer and make the NBA. He said they made sure to parade him through the basketball offices so that everyone could see how "fat", out of shape and mangy he looked. He said that day changed his life. Classic!!!!