PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast Episode 48 - UNC Recap and ACC Tournament Preview!

blazindw
03-07-2016, 12:25 PM
The DBR Podcast team is back with Episode 48! On this episode, we recap the UNC loss, preview the ACC tournament, discuss Amile Jefferson applying for a medical redshirt and mention Jack White's commitment to Duke. Timestamps and links to subscribe are below.

https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/episode-48-unc-recap-and-acc-tournament-preview

0:11 Intros
0:37 Jason tells us where he is this week
1:58 We break down the loss to UNC; Jason starts with rebounding and free throws
5:30 Sam discusses Ingram’s foul trouble
8:15 Donald talks about shooting and UNC’s key baskets
10:43 Jack White commits to Duke (Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oy oy oy!)
14:43 Amile Jefferson out for the year; Sam discusses his medical redshirt and effect on this year and next year
15:34 Jason talks about next year’s team; future is bright!
17:49 Donald talks about Amile’s leadership being the most important for next year’s team
20:00 ACC Tourney preview; Donald the “Master of Ceremonies” this week at the Verizon Center
28:23 Player of the week nods
30:30 Sam merges Player of the Week with Parting Shots - talks about Marshall’s senior speech
31:49 Jason shouts out the ACC teams/awards of the year
35:15 Donald thanks our podcast fans who find us in real life!
37:10 We’re done, Duke Band signs us off

Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast)
iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dbr-podcast/id954964236?mt=2)
Stitcher (http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/58077/details)

Billy Dat
03-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Good pod - in response to the call for feedback, I always enjoy listening to it!

I also agree about the need for the team to notch a couple of wins in DC to secure the highest possible seed to set ourselves up for the Big Dance.

Dev11
03-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Behind the scenes information on this episode: Jason almost killed me through the phone because my computer decided it had to restart about a minute into our recording. Also, I successfully removed dinner from the oven while we recorded, so if it sounds like I'm a bit spacey, it's because I was trying not to burn my chicken.

coot
03-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Jason, Donald, Sam,

I should have dropped you guys a note earlier. I just want to say thanks for doing the podcasts! I have awaited and enjoyed each of them this season. Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity to say hello to you guys sometime.

I like the fact that you guys are different ages and all have such great input and thoughts. Really really fun to listen! I'm about Jason's age, seemingly, so some of the references to past players and such I enjoy as well. It's been a great ride since 1978 being a fan. I have two sons 19, 16 and and dad 67 that I'm going to introduce the podcast to as well. My dad will probably tune in this week. I've told him how good it is.

Take care, just wanted to drop you some feedback.

Henderson
03-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm getting tired of posting how much I enjoy your podcasts and appreciate your doing them. But they really are first rate.

JasonEvans
03-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Behind the scenes information on this episode: Jason almost killed me through the phone because my computer decided it had to restart about a minute into our recording. Also, I successfully removed dinner from the oven while we recorded, so if it sounds like I'm a bit spacey, it's because I was trying not to burn my chicken.

So, for the record, I am not ordinarily a stickler for start time of the podcast recording, but I am on the road this week with my wife and son. We are looking at colleges (don't worry, my son still says Duke is his #1 choice after seeing Wash U, Penn, Brown, and Tufts). So, I was in a hotel room and had very limited time/access to a quiet place. I suppose I could have tried to record from the hotel bathroom, but that's kinda gross ;)

I like the fact that you guys are different ages and all have such great input and thoughts. Really really fun to listen! I'm about Jason's age, seemingly, so some of the references to past players and such I enjoy as well. It's been a great ride since 1978 being a fan. I have two sons 19, 16 and and dad 67 that I'm going to introduce the podcast to as well. My dad will probably tune in this week. I've told him how good it is.

1978... 1978... Dude, I'm not THAT old!! Ha! I arrived on Duke's campus in 1986 and left in 1989. I lived in a dorm with John Smith, Quin Snyder, and Danny Ferry. I roomed with Alaa Abdelnaby and partied with Robert Brickey. I can even tell you stories that should not be repeated in mixed company regarding George Burgin. Ha! That was my era of Duke hoops.

But it is kinda fun to get the perspective from an old timer like me, a medium timer like Donald, and a relative youngster like Sam.

-Jason "thanks to everyone for listening and letting us know you listen... we love doing it and love that someone other than our families are tuning in ;) " Evans

Dev11
03-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I suppose I could have tried to record from the hotel bathroom, but that's kinda gross ;)

I did one episode last season from the parking lot of a Hooters in Arizona, and that's not even mentioning the two episodes I've done from Donald's apartment. Don't tell me about gross, old man.

Glad the young Evans lad has good sense in schools.

thewoosh31
03-10-2016, 02:36 PM
I did one episode last season from the parking lot of a Hooters in Arizona, and that's not even mentioning the two episodes I've done from Donald's apartment. Don't tell me about gross, old man.

Have you guys considered/asked JJ Redick to be a podcast guest?

Is he allowed to, even with his own podcast (which is excellent btw)?

His Facebook page just shared JD King's article from DBR regarding Duke's win over NC State in the ACC tourney. :) Maybe that's a sign that he reads what goes on here.

blazindw
03-11-2016, 11:21 AM

You saying my apartment is gross? Huh?

I guess it does need some cleaning, but a Hooters parking lot it is NOT!

I've also recorded from the backyard of a friend's parents' house in Miami and in the car while driving between Texarkana and Little Rock, among other places.

JasonEvans
03-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Have you guys considered/asked JJ Redick to be a podcast guest?

Is he allowed to, even with his own podcast (which is excellent btw)?

His Facebook page just shared JD King's article from DBR regarding Duke's win over NC State in the ACC tourney. :) Maybe that's a sign that he reads what goes on here.

Nice idea and we will certainly reach out to him some time soon. We got good guests last year in the off-season (Nolan Smith, Chris Collins, Shane Battier) and I hope we will be able to do the same this year!

-Jason "if anyone has an inside track to a former Duke player... I'd love help reaching them and getting them as guests on the podcast!" Evans

BandAlum83
03-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Another great podcast!

By the way, you may be interested to know that I found this site from your podcast, not the other way around.

And I'm glad i did :)