PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Carolina (Mar 5, 2016)

JBDuke
03-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their 72-76 loss to the Tarheels?

Newton_14
03-05-2016, 09:07 PM
My vote went to Grayson with honorable mention to Luke. Just hate their performances got lost in a loss. So close. Missing foul shots and not shooting a good percentage from the floor were why we came up short.

But, Newt, no mention of rebounding? Well no, because as we saw tonight it evidently is not all that important in the grand scheme of things. Otherwise we lose by 25.

But like I said to my buddy FeryFOFitty, uncheats perimeter plays suck so badly, they cannot blow a tired, depleted, foul troubled team out even with Herculean Domination by their bigs.... THink about how bad you have to suck to out rebound a team by 35 FREAKINF Rebounds, yet only win by 4, and have to sweat it out.

The game turned when Grayson had a coast to coast with the game tied interrupted by a foul on Creo with no call that led to a layup by unc. Very next play Grayson gets knocked down on a 3 point attempt which again leads to another layup. uncheat up 4, rather than Duke up 5. That was huge, and swung all the momemtum back to the cheats....

luburch
03-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Selfishly, I'm going to be extremely sad if Grayson leaves early. Absolutely love everything he brings to the table. One of my favorite players to ever put on a Duke uniform.

mapei
03-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I disagree with the proposition that the rebounding differential wasn't important. Without it, UNC loses this game, perhaps by a large margin.

FerryFor50
03-05-2016, 09:58 PM
I disagree with the proposition that the rebounding differential wasn't important. Without it, UNC loses this game, perhaps by a large margin.

Agree. UNC shot poorly. They don't score 76 points without hitting the glass.

I don't see how someone can see a 35 rebound differential with a 4 point loss and not think that was a pretty major factor.

Newton_14
03-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Agree. UNC shot poorly. They don't score 76 points without hitting the glass.

I don't see how someone can see a 35 rebound differential with a 4 point loss and not think that was a pretty major factor.

Well sure it was important... but have either of you ever seen a team with 35 less rebounds with a chance to win in the end? If we grab defensive rebounds at a decent rate we win going away because we either forced a turnover or a missed shot on the first attempt a very large percentage of the time.

However, if we shoot it a little better from the floor and from the line, we win in spite of that ridiculous rebound number. Which is incredulous, but proves my point from the pre-game thread that the game would come down to whether or not our perimeter players could beat their perimeter players by more than their bigs beat our bigs. I had no idea we would have to make up for-35 rebounds when I made that point, yet, we almost overcame it. If we only get out rebounded by say, 20, we win. Easily. Which is insane.

JNort
03-05-2016, 11:53 PM

I think you're missing the point everyone is trying to make