PDA

View Full Version : I like Journeyman

Bluedawg
10-02-2007, 10:09 PM
It reminds me a lot of Quantum Leap (http://www.tv.com/quantum-leap/show/173/summary.html)with him going back into time to "fix" something. What will help the show is his wife being willing to stick with him and understand that he has no control over it.

Lord Ash
10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Dude, just bring back Vorenus and Pullo, PLEASE.

BluDevilGal
10-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't have time to elaborate at the moment, but I just had to throw in that I too am really enjoying this show so far. I hope it sticks around!

micah75
10-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I too am enjoying Journeyman and will stick with it for a good while longer. I was a Heroes fan last season, but I've already shelved it. (Seems like an overkill of characters to keep track of this season and if you miss one episode, that's it, Donny Ballgame.) Also, something about time travel that has always intrigued me. I'm a sucker for movies like "Somewhere in Time" and "The Time Machine", as well as a few old episodes of Twilight Zone with similar themes.

Cavlaw
10-09-2007, 05:20 AM
How was it tonight? I enjoyed the pilot, but it seems Monday nights have become designated all-nighters at work, so I don't know if I'll be able to get into the show.

BluDevilGal
10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Without putting any spoilers, I'll just say I still like how they are doing this show. The full episodes are online, so if you can't tape/dvr it, they are still there for you to catch up.

Cavlaw
10-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Without putting any spoilers, I'll just say I still like how they are doing this show. The full episodes are online, so if you can't tape/dvr it, they are still there for you to catch up.
Really? Wicked!

Chard
10-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Really? Wicked!

I also like Journeyman. I have to watch online though.

I watched 90% of the Heroes 1st season online. They've changed the format a little to make it harder to avoid the advertisements this year but it is great when you just don't have the time to watch on Mondays. Plus, you're only looking at 45 - 50 minutes instead of a full 60.

jimsumner
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm watching also. But with Lost, Heroes, and Battlestar Galactica et. al. on my watch list, I'm not sure how many complicated-beyond-belief-storyline-shows I can absorb. It's hard to keep up. Are the Cylons sending him back? Will he become a Japanese warrior or crash on an airplane in the Pacific?

Then again, if I wanted simple, I'd become a Caveman fan.

JasonEvans
10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
My wife and I think Journeyman is easily the best new show of the season. We are into the main character and like the way they have made his time travelling a problem for his real life. I think that aspect can help them sustain this as something more than a Quantum Leap ripoff. Frankly, I find his life far more intersting than his quest to save random strangers. I wonder if the show will try anyting interesting and creative with the random visits to the past. I'd love to see him accidentally really screw up something in the past and change the future as a result and then have to go back and fix it.

The show has not given out much at all about what is behind the time travel or the rules of it or any of that stuff. I won't be surprised if they never really broach this subject. The girlfriend who he thought was dead but is now sorta his time-travelling partner is an interesting mystery. I like the fact that she used to do this before she met him and then it stopped for a while before she took off again. I am betting that, at some point, we find out that she is originally from some time in the future -- pehaps waaay in the future.

Anyway, it rocks and we really enjoy it.

--Jason

Bluedawg
10-12-2007, 09:45 AM
My wife and I think Journeyman is easily the best new show of the season. We are into the main character and like the way they have made his time travelling a problem for his real life. I think that aspect can help them sustain this as something more than a Quantum Leap ripoff. Frankly, I find his life far more intersting than his quest to save random strangers. I wonder if the show will try anyting interesting and creative with the random visits to the past. I'd love to see him accidentally really screw up something in the past and change the future as a result and then have to go back and fix it.

The show has not given out much at all about what is behind the time travel or the rules of it or any of that stuff. I won't be surprised if they never really broach this subject. The girlfriend who he thought was dead but is now sorta his time-travelling partner is an interesting mystery. I like the fact that she used to do this before she met him and then it stopped for a while before she took off again. I am betting that, at some point, we find out that she is originally from some time in the future -- pehaps waaay in the future.

Anyway, it rocks and we really enjoy it.

--Jason

I expect them to follow the Lost method and slowly partial out information as the show goes on. the girlfriend has already done that when she keeps asking him who he is following. We now know that he is "assigned" someone on these trips and that each trip back is connected to each other.

elvis14
10-12-2007, 10:38 AM
You can add me to the list of people that really like Journeyman so far. The main character is really likable. I also like the fact that he is struggling with how to handle the change in his life and we see his wife struggling with it as well. WARNING SLIGHT SPOILER FROM THIS WEEK'S EPISODE: A really good example was when his brother told his wife that he had seen the ex-girlfriend! It was also interesting how he was unable to change anything other than what he was sent back to change.

FewFAC
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
I like it a lot better than I thought I would. And I think right now it is easily the best of the new NBC shows. I don't think NBC has the marketing anywhere close to right, and I doubt I would be inclined to try the show based on its marketing had it not happened to premiere during the lull between baseball and basketball seasons.

Cavlaw
10-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow, I agree with BD and FewFac on something in the same week.

Thanks to those who let me know it could be watched online, I had an early night escape from the office last night (6:30) and caught up on Journeyman while my wife was studying.

I also caught up on "Life", as I've been a fan of Damian Lewis since "Bank of Brothers". Good stuff.

DevilAlumna
10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I wonder how much Jason Evan's appreciation of Journeyman's real life is b/c the guy is a journalist. :)

Cavlaw, have time to give a quick rundown on "life" (the show)? I saw about 15 min. of it and liked the BoB actor, but didn't want to get too invested.

Count me +1 for truly getting into Journeyman; ditto the points on dealing with the problems caused by disappearing for hours/days in real life. I appreciate that the writers have made these characters more multidimensional than "i hate it when he disappears, I'm mad" (wife) and "I love my ex-fiancee, I'm going to find her in the past every chance I get" (so-far-faithful husband.)

Clipsfan
10-12-2007, 09:10 PM
I agree, I'm also a fan. I haven't added it to my season pass, but every Monday I tell my TIVO to record that day's episode. I am also a fan of the fact that the protagonist is a deeply flawed person (obvious gambling addiction, for one, and more marital problems coming due to the watch), and that he gets caught up in his own past when he goes back. I'm going to continue watching it, and may even add it to my TIVO.