PDA

View Full Version : The second coming of Willis Reed

Eakane
03-02-2016, 12:43 PM
The "Amile Jefferson out indefinitely with a foot injury" thread is now 50 pages long and growing.

We've thought, hoped, prayed, and over-analyzed every little nugget of information, hoping against hope that we'd hear Amile announced at the start of every game since at least the second NC State game.

But my friends, this has been the plan all along!

So with apologies to the NBA Encyclopedia, Playoff addition...

"moments before tipoff he limped through the tunnel and onto the court. Waves of cheers cascaded down from the Garden [Cameron] stands as fans caught sight of the Knicks' [Devils'] captain, a sight that was not lost on New York's [Duke's] opponents.

"'I saw the whole Laker [Carolina cheaters] team standing around staring at this man," said Knicks [Devils] guard Walt Frazier [Matt Jones]. "When I saw that, when they stopped warming up, something told me we might have these guys!'"

The rest was, and will be again, history.

Go Duke!

Billy Dat
03-02-2016, 12:54 PM
I don't know what would be more dramatic...Amile limping out and hitting the first two shots and then sitting down for the rest of the game or Matt Jones then taking over with a line of 36 points, 19 assists and 7 rebounds. Either way, we win!

FerryFor50
03-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I don't know what would be more dramatic...Amile limping out and hitting the first two shots and then sitting down for the rest of the game or Matt Jones then taking over with a line of 36 points, 19 assists and 7 rebounds. Either way, we win!

Much more dramatic to create an entire new thread on Amile Jefferson return speculation. :p

devildeac
03-02-2016, 12:59 PM
The "Amile Jefferson out indefinitely with a foot injury" thread is now 50 pages long and growing.

We've thought, hoped, prayed, and over-analyzed every little nugget of information, hoping against hope that we'd hear Amile announced at the start of every game since at least the second NC State game.

But my friends, this has been the plan all along!

So with apologies to the NBA Encyclopedia, Playoff addition...

"moments before tipoff he limped through the tunnel and onto the court. Waves of cheers cascaded down from the Garden [Cameron] stands as fans caught sight of the Knicks' [Devils'] captain, a sight that was not lost on New York's [Duke's] opponents.

"'I saw the whole Laker [Carolina cheaters] team standing around staring at this man," said Knicks [Devils] guard Walt Frazier [Matt Jones]. "When I saw that, when they stopped warming up, something told me we might have these guys!'"

The rest was, and will be again, history.

Go Duke!

I want a double serving of whatever these folks had in their coffee/tea/juice this AM. :o

Indoor66
03-02-2016, 01:02 PM
I want a double serving of whatever these folks had in their coffee/tea/juice this AM. :o

Hell, send a case of it to all my generals! :cool:

subzero02
03-02-2016, 01:30 PM

It would definitely be Matt's Stat line... although the 500 page thread on whether we blew a year's worth of eligibility for 2 baskets would also be quite a site.

Kedsy
03-02-2016, 01:32 PM
It would definitely be Matt's Stat line... although the 500 page thread that on whether we blew a year's worth of eligibility for 2 baskets would also be a site to behold.

Not if we win by 3. :cool:

jimsumner
03-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Did Willis Reed lose a year of eligibility when he returned?

Apples and oranges. I do not want Amile Jefferson to limp into a game.

Billy Dat
03-02-2016, 02:15 PM
One of the (few current) pleasures of being a Knicks fan is having Clyde do color commentary on most games. The reverence with which Clyde, and the rest of those Knicks talk about Willis is chill inducing. Despite being their teammate, he was really a hero to them..the big brother...the boss! I have heard them all speak of him in those terms...Clyde, Phil, Bradley, Monroe on down the line. While Amile doesn't enjoy the MVP-esque status that Willis had with the Knicks, one gets the sense that the team really looks up to him. Based on the seniority difference, the Willis/Clyde analogy probably works better as Amile/Derryck.

Indoor66
03-02-2016, 03:22 PM
One of the (few current) pleasures of being a Knicks fan is having Clyde do color commentary on most games. The reverence with which Clyde, and the rest of those Knicks talk about Willis is chill inducing. Despite being their teammate, he was really a hero to them..the big brother...the boss! I have heard them all speak of him in those terms...Clyde, Phil, Bradley, Monroe on down the line. While Amile doesn't enjoy the MVP-esque status that Willis had with the Knicks, one gets the sense that the team really looks up to him. Based on the seniority difference, the Willis/Clyde analogy probably works better as Amile/Derryck.

Some of us do Dukies not remember Clyde with much affection.

Billy Dat
03-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Some of us do Dukies not remember Clyde with much affection.

HA - the second return on a Google search of "duke vs southern illinois frazier" is your DBR post from 03-22-2007 @ 07:25 PM - sorry to drag up that painful memory!!!

Indoor66
03-02-2016, 06:33 PM
HA - the second return on a Google search of "duke vs southern illinois frazier" is your DBR post from 03-22-2007 @ 07:25 PM - sorry to drag up that painful memory!!!
I can take it, but still don't particularly like that guy. (But I do think he was one of THE great Knicks. :( )