PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Wake (Mar 1, 2016)

JBDuke
03-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Wake?

lotusland
03-01-2016, 10:22 PM
GA 30 Pts and 5 assists. Dude is a trip:)

Ultrarunner
03-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Sensing a split-decision tonight. Went with Marshall, torn about not giving it to Grayson, Brandon a close third.

weezie
03-01-2016, 10:24 PM
As always, simply spectacular Grayson but have to go with Marshall this time. Talk about being handed your head!
They pounded the you-know-what out of him inside. Our skinny, long-haired boy has become a big strong man!

duke4ever19
03-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Close one, but I went with Marshall Plumlee as well. Needed every one of those rebounds. Thanks big fella!

FerryFor50
03-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Marshall helped keep Duke in the game when they were struggling with his rebounding and scoring.

Grayson helped close them out.

Wish we had a "tie" option.

MCFinARL
03-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Tough to choose between Marshall and Grayson but I went with Marshall because it was such a great rebound (get it?) from his ineffective game against Pitt.

devildeac
03-01-2016, 10:34 PM
GA 30 Pts and 5 assists. Dude is a trip:)

espn box score says 5 boards and 5 steals but only 1 A. I'll still take that line. ;)

Furniture
03-01-2016, 11:16 PM
I voted for Grayson but Marshall was outstanding too....

DukieInKansas
03-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Wish I could have voted for Grayson Plumlee. Since I couldn't, I went with Marshall. He also made SportCenter's Top Ten Plays.

Lar77
03-02-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm taking Matt. No one person had a spectacular performance and Matt fouled out, but Matt made 4 threes at critical times and his defense was very good.

Tough not to take Grayson with 30 points and 5 steals, but not his best game. I think the refs decided to teach him a lesson (his jump into the stands seemed like a message back).

Plums was awesome on the boards and early free throws, but he was 4-9 on FGs and let Thomas have some easy shots without challenge.
Brandon came alive in the second half on defensive boards that saved us.
DT was terrific at the end.
Kennard couldn't buy a shot, but made lots of smart plays.

We shot 29% in the first half and mid-forties in the second. What we lacked on offense, we made up for on defense.

CameronBornAndBred
03-02-2016, 11:59 AM
I think it's awesome when Brandon leads in minutes, is the second leading scorer and second leading rebounder, only fouls once, and only gets one vote. That says a lot about how well spread out this team is. (I voted for Marshall with Grayson as my second choice.)

killerleft
03-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I think it's awesome when Brandon leads in minutes, is the second leading scorer and second leading rebounder, only fouls once, and only gets one vote. That says a lot about how well spread out this team is. (I voted for Marshall with Grayson as my second choice.)

Brandon grabs some awesome and timely rebounds! In a crowd it appears that his snaky arms just reach out and devour the ball. You deserve a spork for that post, but I'm prohibited just now.

Devilwin
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Voted for Allen myself. Although MP3 was killer on the boards, and had some spectacular dunks, he didn't finish at the rim enough to suit me. Easily could've had 20 points or more. Still a great effort after a no show against Pitt. Allen wasn't perfect, missing a month's worth of free throws in one game. (for him)
And before I get mashed by "he was getting hacked" bombs, a man his size has to expect that and finish.:cool:

Newton_14
03-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Wish I could have voted for Grayson Plumlee. Since I couldn't, I went with Marshall. He also made SportCenter's Top Ten Plays.

Yeah, same here. 30 points is strong but Marshall brought it from the opening tip until fouling out, and was just a beast.

elvis14
03-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Plums was awesome on the boards and early free throws, but he was 4-9 on FGs and let Thomas have some easy shots without challenge.
Brandon came alive in the second half on defensive boards that saved us.

This is why I voted for Grayson. Obviously Plumlee rebounded his butt off but I thought his defense wasn't very good and our inability to get stops kept WF in the game. And 30 points, it's a lot of points.

duke blue brewcrew
03-03-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm incredibly impressed with the double/double by Lt. MP3. I went with Allen however. More times than not, he finds a way to score. Even on nights when his J isn't falling the way he would like, he's driving to the hole and getting to the line with regularity. He was 14-19 on FTs. 5 Rebs, 5 Steals, and 1 Assist to go with the 30pts. He's a tough, gritty kid and finds a way to get it done.

jv001
03-03-2016, 02:11 PM
At this point in voting there's a 43-43 tie between Marshall and Grayson. I hope it ends that way. Both deserving the honor MOTM. GoDuke!