PDA

View Full Version : Allen and Ingram named Finalists for USBWA Men's Player of the Year Awards

DukeTrinity11
03-01-2016, 01:27 AM
http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/news/2016/finalists160229.html

Grayson Allen is a Finalist for the 2016 Oscar Robertson Trophy for the Men's National Player of the Year in the NCAA and Brandon Ingram is a Finalist for the 2016 Wayne Tisdale Award for the Men's National Freshman of the Year in the NCAA. Congrats to both of them!

Former Blue Devils Jahlil Okafor and Jabari Parker have won the last 2 Freshman of the Year Awards so here's hoping Ingram can overtake Ben Simmons to make it a threepeat.

Do any of you think that's even realistic? It's hard for Ingram to stuff the stat sheet like Simmons when he's not the primary playmaker and scorer on his team. I wonder if team success will play a factor here.

brevity
03-01-2016, 01:44 AM
...Brandon Ingram is a Finalist for the 2016 Wayne Tisdale Award for the Men's National Freshman of the Year in the NCAA...

Wayne?

Wayman Tisdale (1964-2009) left a legacy in both basketball and music, and I choose to remember him wearing the above puffy shirt/sharp vest combo.

Henderson
03-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Wayne?

Wayman Tisdale (1964-2009) left a legacy in both basketball and music, and I choose to remember him wearing the above puffy shirt/sharp vest combo.

The last guy I remember who played a guitar left-handed and wore puffy shirts with garish accessories was pretty good. It's suiting that Wayman played bass. Nice that he has an award named after him.

Fair or not, I think Grayson's POY possibilities evaporated in the last 5 seconds of the FSU game.

flyingdutchdevil
03-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Fair or not, I think Grayson's POY possibilities evaporated in the last 5 seconds of the FSU game.

Couldn't agree more. It could also hurt him for All-American accolades. If voting for a team and deciding between 2 players, Grayson's incidents could tilt the decision in the other direction.

NM Duke Fan
03-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I look at the Guardian poblished in London UK each day, to glean the financial news for trading the British Pound. The next morning after the first incident there was a featured article on the "dirty" player Grayson and tripping etc. Blew my mind that it was being covered even n the the UK. I agree his chances took a hit, unfortunately. With Brandon I see it as a possibility.