PDA

View Full Version : DUKE decal?

camcraz25
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the plain DUKE (all caps, block letters) car decal, besides on campus of course? I just got a shiny new Duke blue car, and all it's missing is one of those :) I looked at the bookstore online, and they didn't have that one. Actually, they only had ONE to choose from.

wilson
10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
This is the one you want:

http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1339/p-270987.shtml

These people's stuff is amazingly durable as car stickers go. This is the exact one I have on my car.

camcraz25
10-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Awesome, thanks!

Bluedog
10-02-2007, 12:04 PM
I see more than one on the bookstore site....maybe you were looking somewhere else. You didn't like this one?

http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=73&store=106&item_number=60033&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106#

A lot of people have that and it looks good to me. There's also this one, but it's a bumper sticker (e.g. sticky on the wrong side if planning on placing it on the back window): http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=73&store=106&item_number=60021&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106#

The one Wilson posted looks good to me too - probably more durable than the $1 one from the bookstore.

camcraz25
10-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Ok yeah, I have no idea why only 1 came up when I looked at the bookstore website...that was at least a week ago, though. Thanks for all the links!

Clipsfan
10-02-2007, 03:35 PM
This is the one you want:

http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1339/p-270987.shtml

These people's stuff is amazingly durable as car stickers go. This is the exact one I have on my car.

Does that go on the inside or the outside of the car? From what I could tell, it sounds like it goes on the outside.

wilson
10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Does that go on the inside or the outside of the car? From what I could tell, it sounds like it goes on the outside.

It goes on the outside, but I've owned about half a dozen of these stickers of various sorts (including 3 on my car right now), and none of them have experienced any peeling, cracking, fading, or other deterioration of any sort.
I'm telling you-these are really well made.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the plain DUKE (all caps, block letters) car decal, besides on campus of course? I just got a shiny new Duke blue car, and all it's missing is one of those :) I looked at the bookstore online, and they didn't have that one. Actually, they only had ONE to choose from.

As I read your post I thought to myself "what that car needs is a GTHC sticker. Then I saw your sig! I guess you have that rear window covered up in GTHC stickers!

killerleft
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I have two of those that go on the outside. Mine were bought at the campus store. I was leery of them, but they have been on my car for over three years and still look like new.

camcraz25
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM
haha, hey Ozzie, yep I'm still around...and the GTHC was the first one that went onto the car! The problem I had when I traded in my old car was that the DUKE sticker that actually Bluedog linked wouldn't come OFF! It stuck on the inside window. haha, oh well, someone here in Bama will be driving around with a Duke sticker on their car. sweet! I'll be at the Duke/Albany and Duke/Pitt games in Dec if you want to meet up for more GTHC'ers :)

OZZIE4DUKE
10-03-2007, 01:46 AM
haha, hey Ozzie, yep I'm still around...and the GTHC was the first one that went onto the car! The problem I had when I traded in my old car was that the DUKE sticker that actually Bluedog linked wouldn't come OFF! It stuck on the inside window. haha, oh well, someone here in Bama will be driving around with a Duke sticker on their car. sweet! I'll be at the Duke/Albany and Duke/Pitt games in Dec if you want to meet up for more GTHC'ers :)

I'll be at both games.

When I traded my Maxima for the Sonata back in May, I was amazed that the GTHC sticker pealed off the window in one piece and was still good for putting on the new ride! I have one spare left but wouldn't mind another when you are in Durham. Do you need another one of the bumper stickers I sent you? I believe I owe you one anyway.

camcraz25
10-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I might take another one. Yeah the GTHC sticker peeled off my window easily too. I'll message you closer to the time!

Capn Poptart
10-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Sarah,
I bought some GTHC stickers from you awhile back, and my dad wants some. Your excite address keeps bouncing back to me. Are you still selling them?

devildeac
10-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I am down to my last 2 GTHC stickers. One stays in my shirt pocket/jacket pocket ALL the time(kinda/sorta like an instant troll repellant, or bu11$h1t repellant) and the other has been promised to my youngest daughter who started her freshman year at Duke in August. I need at least 10 more of those stickers. Are there any more available? Desperation begins to set in...

camcraz25
10-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I've had a few people ask me this, so I'll just post here. In case anyone is interested, I still have GTHC stickers..plenty of them. $3 each or 4/$10, with or without 'go to hell carolina' written at the bottom. You can message me on here or snp6@alumni.duke.edu.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
I've had a few people ask me this, so I'll just post here. In case anyone is interested, I still have GTHC stickers..plenty of them. $3 each or 4/$10, with or without 'go to hell carolina' written at the bottom. You can message me on here or snp6@alumni.duke.edu.

And do you still have the same cell phone number - ending in 1870?

camcraz25
10-04-2007, 07:37 PM
haha yes Ozzie, but don't give that out on here ;-)

OZZIE4DUKE
10-04-2007, 11:00 PM
haha yes Ozzie, but don't give that out on here ;-)

That's why I treated it like a credit card number and only gave the last 4 digits!

devildeac
10-04-2007, 11:21 PM
That's why I treated it like a credit card number and only gave the last 4 digits!

curse you Ozzie-I made Sarah a solemn vow that when I ordered some stickers from her that I would BTTT her notice that she had a bunch of stickers left for sale and I would help her sell hundreds or even thousands by BTTT this thread on several occasions and you beat me to it. Of course you know that a person(or family) can never have enough GTHC stickers and that is why I am buying a bunch of them so I can give them out as presents for Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, birthday, Christmas presents or whatever holiday or celebration may arise over the next few months.:D

OZZIE4DUKE
10-05-2007, 09:02 AM
curse you Ozzie-I made Sarah a solemn vow that when I ordered some stickers from her that I would BTTT her notice that she had a bunch of stickers left for sale and I would help her sell hundreds or even thousands by BTTT this thread on several occasions and you beat me to it. Of course you know that a person(or family) can never have enough GTHC stickers and that is why I am buying a bunch of them so I can give them out as presents for Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, birthday, Christmas presents or whatever holiday or celebration may arise over the next few months.:D

DD, I'm glad I'm on your list!

Can't wait for Saturday! Beat Wake!

devildeac
10-06-2007, 10:29 AM

cheap at twice the price
well worth every penny
a bargain at any cost
(enter any other well worn cliche here)
these things are fun conversation pieces
BTTT
(I promised camcraz I would shamelessly plug her decals some more during FB season and before hoops began)