PDA

View Full Version : Jahlil opens up about his rookie year

wilson
02-10-2016, 06:38 PM
The Worldwide Leader's TrueHoop has a new profile of Jahlil Okafor up, wherein Jah opens up about his rookie year experience and its many pitfalls so far, the difficulty of losing, and growing up in the NBA. Really nice look into his life and his ongoing maturation.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14750370/bar-fights-court-troubles-jahlil-okafor-opens-up

Edouble
02-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Good read, but man, I was struck by this:

(Chucky, Jahlil's father) was heard heckling Philadelphia coach Brett Brown during a game against the Clippers. At the end of the first half, Jahlil reportedly told his father to stop. It was a momentary step back after everything that had happened.

"I don't want anyone to be tanking," Chucky says. "I want him to win. I want my son to get everything he deserves. He should be in the conversation for rookie of the year or rookie of the month. It comes with winning.

Ballboy1998
02-12-2016, 05:21 PM
A few interesting tidbits in there -- including a reference to Elton Brand! -- but my gosh what a horribly written story. It is almost impossible to follow the writer's train of thought or lack thereof.

Dukehky
02-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Good read, but man, I was struck by this:

(Chucky, Jahlil's father) was heard heckling Philadelphia coach Brett Brown during a game against the Clippers. At the end of the first half, Jahlil reportedly told his father to stop. It was a momentary step back after everything that had happened.

"I don't want anyone to be tanking," Chucky says. "I want him to win. I want my son to get everything he deserves. He should be in the conversation for rookie of the year or rookie of the month. It comes with winning.

Does this surprise you? Chucky is kind of a funny guy, and he is super nice, but I have never really trusted him. Anyone whose twitter handle is daddyofapro is a not someone I'd have faith in to be rational about their child's professional career.