PDA

View Full Version : Roy Collapses

OZ
02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14750440/roy-williams-north-carolina-tar-heels-coach-taken-locker-room-due-dizziness

OldPhiKap
02-09-2016, 11:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14750440/roy-williams-north-carolina-tar-heels-coach-taken-locker-room-due-dizziness

Hope Roy is okay, and that this was "one of those passing things" that we get as we get older.

Get well soon. Go Duke.

Furniture
02-10-2016, 12:21 AM
Wishing him a get well soon....

Bostondevil
02-10-2016, 02:16 AM
Coach K goes to the hospital then less than a week later Roy collapses?

Somebody find out where Pitino was. ;-)

I too hope that it's nothing serious. I love to hate him on the sidelines too much!

CDu
02-10-2016, 07:50 AM
According to UNC, it was just another episode of the vertigo that Williams has had for years.

CameronBlue
02-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Hope Roy "cheats" the ravages of time all aging bodies endure and returns to the sidelines soon. Good health to you Roy.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-10-2016, 08:07 AM
As someone who has some limited personal experience with positional vertigo, it can be very discomforting for the victim and very scary for those around the person.

Quick health to Roy. I want him on the sidelines each time we pound UNC this year.

cspan37421
02-10-2016, 08:54 AM
I'd much rather see UNC collapse than Roy, and would rather see Roy suffer from bad PR* than from bad health.

*Haiti says hello

CameronBlue
02-10-2016, 09:08 AM
As someone who has some limited personal experience with positional vertigo, it can be very discomforting for the victim and very scary for those around the person.

Quick health to Roy. I want him on the sidelines each time we pound UNC this year.

I actually had a severe case of it once. Not having had any catastrophic health issues in my lifetime to date, it was easily the most miserable 24 hours I've experienced in my life.

freshmanjs
02-10-2016, 10:01 AM
The headline here is a bit dramatic. And the constant repeating of the video on various websites is distasteful. Glad he's ok.

wsb3
02-10-2016, 12:38 PM
I may not like Ole Roy playing the aw shucks victim but I wish poor health on no one. Hope he is well soon.

We can all get sidetracked due to our passion (including me) but we don't act like Wal-Mart UNC fans ..& make fun of people's health issues.

Remember when Coach K rose to quickly & fainted..I was in the process of renting a cabin in the mountains from a UNC grad/attorney & he repeated a conversation that he had with another Heels fan during that game.

"Tell the truth. Didn't you hope for a minute he did not get up?"

I didn't even respond. I was floored.

devildeac
02-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I may not like Ole Roy playing the aw shucks victim but I wish poor health on no one. Hope he is well soon.

We can all get sidetracked due to our passion (including me) but we don't act like Wal-Mart UNC fans ..& make fun of people's health issues.

Remember when Coach K rose to quickly & fainted..I was in the process of renting a cabin in the mountains from a UNC grad/attorney & he repeated a conversation that he had with another Heels fan during that game.

"Tell the truth. Didn't you hope for a minute he did not get up?"

I didn't even respond. I was floored.

Further proof that they are indeed the:

university (of)
No
Class(es)

Olympic Fan
02-10-2016, 03:32 PM
I saw the part of the story where Roy said, "I'm not dead, yet" and all I could think of was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

jv001
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Further proof that they are indeed the:

university (of)
No
Class(es)

Wish I could give you sporks, but alas, I have to spread them around. Duke fans that live in NC know what you mean by no class. Well, in case of about 90% of the NC Cheat fans. GoDuke!

rocketeli
02-10-2016, 03:41 PM
He tried to do the head snap! Honestly his story worries me a bit. I'm not his doctor, but if you fall out suddenly everytime you move your head a certain way, that's more likely a basovertebral circulation problem than benign positional vertigo. Of course, Roy might not want to share his health info with us...

devildeac
02-10-2016, 03:52 PM
He tried to do the head snap! Honestly his story worries me a bit. I'm not his doctor, but if you fall out suddenly everytime you move your head a certain way, that's more likely a basovertebral circulation problem than benign positional vertigo. Of course, Roy might not want to share his health info with us...

More like a calvario-sigmoid disassociation/disarticulation issue:rolleyes:. But I digress.

I'm glad his diagnosis is started with the term "benign," and has been witnessed by his players who otherwise may have freaked out had they never seen it before. Hope it can be taken care of with simple/common sense things like hydration and avoiding sudden movements and sure hope it never happens when he's driving (or putting :rolleyes:).

Doria
02-10-2016, 03:52 PM
I'd much rather see UNC collapse than Roy, and would rather see Roy suffer from bad PR* than from bad health.

*Haiti says hello

Agree. Glad he seems to be okay, and wish him well health-wise.

Indoor66
02-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Wish I could give you sporks, but alas, I have to spread them around. Duke fans that live in NC know what you mean by no class. Well, in case of about 90% of the NC Cheat fans. GoDuke!

I'll take care of it for you. They are deserved. The doc knows what ails roy/boy.

Ooops, I, too, have to spread them around. Just have to pay the complements via this post.

weezie
02-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Duke fans that live in NC know what you mean by no class. Well, in case of about 90% of the NC Cheat fans. GoDuke!

90%?! Wow, that's pretty generous. I mean, nooooooo.
Try 99.999999999% are clods. The last one is addled.

But, I too, don't ever want to see any coach in any sport anywhere suffer a physical collapse on the court/field. It's terrible.