PDA

View Full Version : Lance Thomas

armondo
02-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Excerpt from ESPN ... Luke Walton All-Stars, our annual roster of journeymen and role players thriving in unexpected ways. One or two players have bristled at earning Walton status, but it is meant to be an honor. Not everyone can be a star. A Walton is a shape-shifter who tailors his game to fit the context of a particular team, and revels in the grunt work. He makes everyone's life easier.

Lance Thomas is on the team ... http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14743788/who-nba-players-found-suddenly-relevant

Tom B.
02-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Excerpt from ESPN ... Luke Walton All-Stars, our annual roster of journeymen and role players thriving in unexpected ways. One or two players have bristled at earning Walton status, but it is meant to be an honor. Not everyone can be a star. A Walton is a shape-shifter who tailors his game to fit the context of a particular team, and revels in the grunt work. He makes everyone's life easier.

Lance Thomas is on the team ... http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14743788/who-nba-players-found-suddenly-relevant

And he's joined by two Tarheels -- Ed Davis and Marvin Williams.

jimsumner
02-09-2016, 03:43 PM
And he's joined by two Tarheels -- Ed Davis and Marvin Williams.

Marvin Williams was the second pick of the 2005 draft. Lance Thomas wasn't drafted at all.

One is over-achieving. One is not.

COYS
02-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Marvin Williams was the second pick of the 2005 draft. Lance Thomas wasn't drafted at all.

One is over-achieving. One is not.

As a Hawks fan, please don't remind me about the Marvin Williams draft pick with Chris Paul still available. Ouch.

And yes, the Marvin Williams pick for this team makes no sense. Big draft bust finally becomes a pretty good role player . . . 11 seasons later. That's not a title I'd want for my headline.

wilson
02-09-2016, 06:13 PM
As a Hawks fan, please don't remind me about the Marvin Williams draft pick with Chris Paul still available. Ouch....with Chris Paul having publically said that he would like to go to the Hawks, at a time when NOBODY was saying that (they kind of still don't).
Just one of many Hawks draft blunders in the last 20 years. Other than Horford and Teague, what demonstrably good picks have they made in that period?

JetpackJesus
02-09-2016, 06:59 PM

Was just coming by to post this story. It was nice reading what they had to say about him, and I'm not too surprised he turned into a strong glue guy given his career at Duke. I'm glad someone gave Lance a real shot to contribute and that he is doing well for himself in the NBA.