PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Louisville (Feb 8, 2016)

JBDuke
02-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Louisville tonight?

flyingdutchdevil
02-08-2016, 09:47 PM
I can't see another candidate outside of Ingram. He did everything.

I love when non-reactive players become incredibly active and show emotion. Beautiful.

Furniture
02-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Brandon was focused. He is a winner.....

devildeac
02-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Damion Lee was 3/15 tonight and I *think* Matt had him as his primary defensive assignment a lot tonight. If so, that's a helluva night. If not, cancel my vote and give it to Ingram.

jacone21
02-08-2016, 10:58 PM
I voted for Marshall. He set the tone early, played with passion, was a leader on the court, and knocked down 2 absolutely critical free throws down the stretch. Loses some points for breaking 3 of his teammates' sternums.

Bob Green
02-09-2016, 04:49 AM
When the offense went into its 2nd half funk, Brandon Ingram stepped up and took over the offense. He is my MOTM.

Runner-up: Marshall Plumlee
Honorable Mention: Matt Jones

Bluedevil114
02-09-2016, 05:39 AM
When you have six main players in your rotation and you are winning games, it is because each of those players have bought into their role to the team. Without each of their contributions this team loses the last three games. This team has a very fine line between winning and losing. When they execute their role then they win.

Thornton- use speed to beat the press and handle ball responsibilities. Guard their point guard.
Allen- drive to the basket to draw contact and hit the open three.
Jones- guard the other team's best guard or small forward. Backup PG duties to Thornton.
Ingram- use ability to create off dribble and jump shot to keep defense off balance. Use length to rebound defensively and guard several different positions.
Plumlee- set screens and rebound on both sides of the floor. Attack the rim and take advantage of the defense overplaying our slashers.
Kennard- much like Allen. Another guy that has an ability to get to the basket and hit the open three. Best free throw shooter on team. Need him to get to the line.

Everyone must help us rebound on the defensive end of the floor.

duke blue brewcrew
02-09-2016, 07:51 AM
I went with Grayson b/c of his dominant 1st half. He and Marshall were the Duke scoreboard in the 1st. Ingram was a beast in the 2nd, especially rebounding and making clutch FTs. That said, I felt it was more of a team effort to hold on in the 2nd half. Great win for Duke regardless!