PDA

View Full Version : Bill Self calls out Brennan Greene after late game dunk

FerryFor50
02-04-2016, 11:16 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/bill-self-calls-brannen-greene-s-game-ending-dunk--classless-065624922.html

Too bad we didn't hear a similar statement by Larranaga after Miami decided to throw one down at the end of the Duke game, already up 9 or so.

devildeac
02-04-2016, 11:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/bill-self-calls-brannen-greene-s-game-ending-dunk--classless-065624922.html

Too bad we didn't hear a similar statement by Larranaga after Miami decided to throw one down at the end of the Duke game, already up 9 or so.

Remember, "class" does not have a "u" in it:rolleyes:;).

Duke95
02-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Yeah, but you can't spell class without ...

MCFinARL
02-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Yeah, but you can't spell class without ...

...lass? :D

Seriously, while in general I don't like coaches calling out their players in public, I am impressed with Self that he did so here and openly apologized to the other team.

Jeffrey
02-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Seriously, while in general I don't like coaches calling out their players in public, I am impressed with Self that he did so here and openly apologized to the other team.

Maybe, Self feels his private meetings, discipline, suspension, etc. have been unsuccessful and a public approach is now best?

IMO, that behavior is completely unacceptable and Self may be dealing with a major attitude problem. I do not recall Self ever doing this before. Has he?

Newton_14
02-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Remember, "class" does not have a "u" in it:rolleyes:;).

Thanks for sharing. Loved it. I hate it when I team does that or refuses to run out the clock, choosing instead to go all ESPN Showtime, when the game is clearly over. Miami is terrible in that category as is unc@chapelcheat in times past...

Great that Self called the guy out. Loved it when he said this kid will never again be in the game with the clock running out!