PDA

View Full Version : Coach K Out...

freshmanjs
02-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Jeff Goodman tweets

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Mike Krzyzewski will not be coaching tonight for Duke at Georgia Tech. Feeling under the weather and stayed back in Durham, per release.

-jk
02-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Jeff Goodman tweets

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Mike Krzyzewski will not be coaching tonight for Duke at Georgia Tech. Feeling under the weather and stayed back in Durham, per release.

Amile is taking his place on the bench.

-jk

Dev11
02-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Here come the mouth-breathing 1995 references. Hold on tight, folks.

Newton_14
02-02-2016, 07:47 PM

Yep. They will come in droves. Winning will help but the basketball gods could not have been more mean spirited to us than this.

Jeff0r3
02-02-2016, 07:53 PM
First thing I thought was hope he's OK. Second thing I thought is all the references to the last time he wasnt on the bench. Can hardly wait for the Tarheels at work tomorrow. Hope we get a win!!!

arnie
02-02-2016, 07:53 PM

More importantly, I hope the illness isn't serious. He isn't likely to tell us if it is.

weezie
02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Well, shoot. They could have called me. I'd love to get thrown out on a technical!

dukelifer
02-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Yep. They will come in droves. Winning will help but the basketball gods could not have been more mean spirited to us than this.

Gods giveth and Gods taketh away. Duke has been given a lot by the basketball gods. There is a highly capable and experienced associate head coach on the sideline.

mattman91
02-02-2016, 08:02 PM
I sure hope coach is OK. I don't ever remember this happening...could be really bad.

fuse
02-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Adam Rowe reporting on twitter an unconfirmed rumour that it was Duke's cardiac unit.

Whatever the ailment, get well soon Coach K!

jipops
02-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Not good news and probably not good for team payche

DukePA
02-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Healthy vibes to Coach K (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

mattman91
02-02-2016, 08:07 PM
@laurakeeley 12m12 minutes ago
Mike Krzyzewski is not in Atlanta tonight. Recovering from an illness at home. Not in hospital. Expected to be fine. Jeff Capel in charge

ricks68
02-02-2016, 08:23 PM
@laurakeeley 12m12 minutes ago
Mike Krzyzewski is not in Atlanta tonight. Recovering from an illness at home. Not in hospital. Expected to be fine. Jeff Capel in charge

Leave it to the Mattman to come up with the latest most accurate information. Now, if he could just write, we might begin referring to him as Jim Sumner 2.

ricks

moonpie23
02-02-2016, 08:28 PM
haters coming in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..........ugh...why did i look...??

devildeac
02-02-2016, 08:32 PM
He broke a bone in his foot...

Kicking his dogs...

And his grandchildren...

Back starting to hurt, too...

Got dizzy while getting a massage...

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Best wishes to K. Hope our boys can concentrate and rally.

Pghdukie
02-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Winning cures all ! Best wishes to K, and team.

devildeac
02-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Who starts the "It's Over" thread...

Or maybe a Coach K vigil thread...

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope he's better already and cussing at the refs from his living room.

Newton_14
02-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Gods giveth and Gods taketh away. Duke has been given a lot by the basketball gods. There is a highly capable and experienced associate head coach on the sideline.
Oh I get we are in capable hands with Capel and staff. I was referring to this having to happen in the midst of a losing streak and how it will bring out the "juvenile fringe" of the unc@chapelcheat fanbase which makes up about 99.8% of their total fan base. Seriously. The collective mental age of that fan base seems to be about 13 yrs old. I live it daily at work. Win or lose tonight I will have cute signs, drawings, newspapers, comments etc in my office tomorrow morning on my desk, on the white board outside my cubicle, etc. That's how they roll.

All I do when we win (including the Natty) is simply wear my Duke gear (inclusive of professional attire :) ), and have lots of Duke items in my office. That's it. I don't put stuff up in their offices or whiteboards,, etc, don't send "rub it in emails", anything of the sort. Yet at every opportunity they come at me with the middle school type stuff. Last year we lost a game on a Saturday, I forget to who, and we had a snow/ice storm that Sunday Night/early Monday morning. About 70% of the folks worked from home, but every single unc fan braved the roads just so they could put stuff in my office and come by and rag me. It was comical. Some of them jump at any chance to wfh, but that icy road day they could not get there fast enough.

If Duke loses tonight, it will be like Christmas for the 13 yr olds tomorrow. The guy that sits across from me at work grew up in the North, and is a huge sports fan but he shakes his head daily at the cheat fans. He asked "Do they do this stuff always? I have never seen anything like it! They are children! They need to grow up"... It's both comical and sad...but I digress...

CameronDuke
02-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Coach K's life is Duke basketball. He has to be pretty ill to not make the trip.

The conspiracy theorists and haters can honestly say what they want. No one has to listen to them spew garbage. Coach K is a fierce competitor and warrior. To miss games, he had to be extremely ill. Any other criticism of him backing out of games is pure hogwash.

FerryFor50
02-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Oh I get we are in capable hands with Capel and staff. I was referring to this having to happen in the midst of a losing streak and how it will bring out the "juvenile fringe" of the unc@chapelcheat fanbase which makes up about 99.8% of their total fan base. Seriously. The collective mental age of that fan base seems to be about 13 yrs old. I live it daily at work. Win or lose tonight I will have cute signs, drawings, newspapers, comments etc in my office tomorrow morning on my desk, on the white board outside my cubicle, etc. That's how they roll.

All I do when we win (including the Natty) is simply wear my Duke gear (inclusive of professional attire :) ), and have lots of Duke items in my office. That's it. I don't put stuff up in their offices or whiteboards,, etc, don't send "rub it in emails", anything of the sort. Yet at every opportunity they come at me with the middle school type stuff. Last year we lost a game on a Saturday, I forget to who, and we had a snow/ice storm that Sunday Night/early Monday morning. About 70% of the folks worked from home, but every single unc fan braved the roads just so they could put stuff in my office and come by and rag me. It was comical. Some of them jump at any chance to wfh, but that icy road day they could not get there fast enough.

If Duke loses tonight, it will be like Christmas for the 13 yr olds tomorrow. The guy that sits across from me at work grew up in the North, and is a huge sports fan but he shakes his head daily at the cheat fans. He asked "Do they do this stuff always? I have never seen anything like it! They are children! They need to grow up"... It's both comical and sad...but I digress...

Yea I fully expect the sky blue tinfoil hats to be in full effect.

pamtar
02-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Holy Schnikes! The Capel buzzer-beater that ended in a loss against the Dump on the Hump was Feb 2, 1995. Coincidence? I think not. Well, maybe.

Mike Corey
02-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Coach K is going to be fine.

Great call on the Capel coincidence.

Papa John
02-02-2016, 09:02 PM
I was referring to this having to happen in the midst of a losing streak and how it will bring out the "juvenile fringe" of the UNCheat fanbase ...

Given what we know about the antics on the hill over the past few decades, who cares what their fan base thinks or says. They've rendered their opinions irrelevant... If you feel the need to respond to the inane banter of a UNCheat fan, simply ask: "isn't there a graveyard you should be trying to whistle past right now?"

tfk53
02-02-2016, 09:06 PM
No question Coach K is In great medical hands. No place I would rather be if was having medical issues.
As to the wrong color of blue folks, just whisper 8-20

brevity
02-02-2016, 09:11 PM
I spoke with a UNC doctor recently. I was told that folks in Chapel Hill avoid getting the bug every winter ever since Tami Hansbrough invented Tamiflu.

BLPOG
02-02-2016, 09:18 PM
I spoke with a UNC doctor recently. I was told that folks in Chapel Hill avoid getting the bug every winter ever since Tami Hansbrough invented Tamiflu.

That must have been how she qualified for that fundraising job.

But enough about those losers. The guy on the broadcast who isn't Len Elmore (I'm not sure of who it is tonight, obviously) made mention of '95 at the beginning of the broadcast, not in detail, but as a last-time-K-was-out thing. Is that correct? Obviously I know about the back issues from that year, but I thought there was a game sometime in the last decade he was out. I recall a few times he was very sick but still coaching and even collapsed once - but was there another "Did Not Coach - Doctor's Decision"?

pfrduke
02-02-2016, 09:41 PM
It's sort of fascinating to wonder how much of the substitution plan and strategy is Capel vs. K. For example, is Vrank getting run because Capel thinks he belongs out there, or was part of the strategy discussion with K in advance looking for ways to get more of the bigs involved given what Georgia Tech has to throw at us?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-02-2016, 10:03 PM
It's sort of fascinating to wonder how much of the substitution plan and strategy is Capel vs. K. For example, is Vrank getting run because Capel thinks he belongs out there, or was part of the strategy discussion with K in advance looking for ways to get more of the bigs involved given what Georgia Tech has to throw at us?

Possible that K sent some select emojis to Jeff after Vrank went in.

Newton_14
02-02-2016, 10:04 PM
It's sort of fascinating to wonder how much of the substitution plan and strategy is Capel vs. K. For example, is Vrank getting run because Capel thinks he belongs out there, or was part of the strategy discussion with K in advance looking for ways to get more of the bigs involved given what Georgia Tech has to throw at us?Se

We live in a world of Real Time Communications (my shameless plug for my company :) )... I have to believe there is a lot of live chatting from K to the bench via the team I Pad and whatever App of Choice (hopefully WebRTC... ok Ill stop that!).... and K has a large say in the goings on in Hot Lanta. I suspect Vrank earned the shot in practice. (They said yesterday's practice was the best in a month)

Could be wrong of course. K might be in the bed under strict orders to sleep and rest with Momma K cutting all power to his room and the Wifi Router....

Seriously, I suspect the game plan and personnel decisions were preplanned...

hallcity
02-02-2016, 10:47 PM
"Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski taken to hospital with high blood pressure, source told ESPN. Suffered from dehydration."

CatDevil
02-02-2016, 11:15 PM
"Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski taken to hospital with high blood pressure, source told ESPN. Suffered from dehydration."

Prayers for a speedy recovery Coach K... many different versions cycling through the web now.

Thank you for the updates and keep them coming.

JetpackJesus
02-02-2016, 11:16 PM

That's the notification I received on my phone just as the game was ending. Although, maybe I didn't see it since I was watching the game on my phone.

nyesq83
02-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Does Capel get the win? (kidding, making fun of the trolls).

Olympic Fan
02-02-2016, 11:59 PM
My flashback when I heard the news was to Jan. 7, 1995 ...

The first game K missed that season was the trip to Georgia Tech -- just like Tuesday night.

And like Tuesday's news, the report that K was going to miss the game came just a couple of hours before tipoff.

Duke lost that night 75-68 -- the second game of the six-game losing streak (and 9 of 10 streak) that wrecked the season.

Obviously, K didn't come back that season ... I won't start worrying this time unless he's not there Saturday for NC State.

HK Dukie
02-03-2016, 05:34 AM
Does Capel get the win? (kidding, making fun of the trolls).

In all seriousness who gets the win? Coach K or Coach C?

I would assume K since it's a short term medical issue. However does anyone know for sure?

cspan37421
02-03-2016, 06:12 AM
Get well soon, Coach K!

I assume he does not read this board. But his grandkids might.

cspan37421
02-03-2016, 06:33 AM
In all seriousness who gets the win? Coach K or Coach C?

I would assume K since it's a short term medical issue. However does anyone know for sure?

To be consistent, it ought to go to Capel.

21 years ago my recollection was that it was up to the school, not the NCAA, to decide how to attribute W and L during a coach's absence. Duke chose to assign the 4-15 finish to Pete G, and this seemed right to me. Coach K was not coaching those games. And many of them were close losses ... I have to think his coaching acumen was worth at least a few points a game.

Since then I've seen claims that the NCAA required us to attribute the 4-15 finish to Pete. That was not consistent with my recollection, and had a whiff of self-serving defensiveness in light of the outrageous claims that Coach K bailed on a 9-3 team because he could foresee 13-18 coming. IIRC they started 9-3 the following year too - but K was well enough to continue. They only went 18-13 that year.

I think if Coach K has this victory @ GT attributed to him because of "short-term illness" (he is said to be back soon, and he coached practice), then he'll be once again criticized for not shouldering the blame for the 1994-5 season finish. The distinction between short-term and long-term illness will be way too subtle, not only for the haters, but for the doubters too. While a claim that the NCAA requires this or that way of handling W and L is a solid defense, I have not seen evidence that it is true, and it does conflict with my recollection (fwiw).

If it is indeed Duke's choice, I hope they give it to Capel, to give at least the appearance of consistency, if not the reality.

oldnavy
02-03-2016, 07:56 AM

It's TamiFLEW as in Tami FLEW all over the country on UNC's dime to watch her son play BB...

Did we witness a peek into the future of Duke BB last night??

Get well soon Coach K!!!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Will be watching this thread for K health updates. Looking forward to good news.

CameronBornAndBred
02-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Congrats to Capel for being 1-0 in his short career as Duke's HC. ;) Vibes to Coach K for a quick recovery.

Question...I missed the halftime interview; did Capel give it or did he hand it off to Nate James?

diablesseblu
02-03-2016, 08:32 AM
The news up thread that Coach has "dehydration" may mean he caught the virulent intestinal bug that going around the Triangle. It felled my nephew's entire family and then my sister who came in to care for them. She likened the accompanying abdominal pains to that of labor.

They all lost weight and were bedridden while under the weather. If this is what it is, they're UNC fans and would be the first to say Coach would not have been able to even stand on the sidelines.

Indoor66
02-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for the Coach.

As to who gets the win, it will, IMO, be K's. You don't relinquish control or responsibility because you get thu flu! 95 was totally different.

devildeac
02-03-2016, 09:29 AM
I'd assign the W to Pete Gaudet. ;):rolleyes:

swood1000
02-03-2016, 11:02 AM
According to this article (http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2015/12/does_jim_boeheim_or_mike_hopkins_get_credit_for_wi ns_during_boeheims_suspension.html), Jim Boeheim did not get the wins or losses during his suspension because that's what was specified on page 65 of the public infractions decision (http://www.scribd.com/doc/257889186/Syracuse-NCAA-Report).

The situation is a different than when Boeheim took sick leave during the 2001-02 season to get treatment for prostate cancer.

Bernie Fine filled in for Boeheim as head coach and compiled a 1-2 record. Syracuse defeated Hofstra and then lost to N.C. State and Georgia Tech under Fine. In that case, the NCAA let the school decide who got credit for the wins and losses during Boeheim's absence. They were credited to Boeheim's record. http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2015/12/does_jim_boeheim_or_mike_hopkins_get_credit_for_wi ns_during_boeheims_suspension.html

So it looks like Duke gets to decide.

jgehtland
02-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Duke announced Tuesday morning that K would get the W or L, regardless of which it was.

TruBlu
02-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Duke announced Tuesday morning that K would get the W or L, regardless of which it was.

While this is true, it will not stop unc fans from claiming that K shouldn't get the win based on what happened in 1995.

Truth matters very little with unc fans, or coaches, or administrators.

OldPhiKap
02-03-2016, 02:18 PM
While this is true, it will not stop unc fans from claiming that K shouldn't get the win based on what happened in 1995.

They've got their own wins to defend against being vacated. I'll give them this one if they take a single one away from Dean for starting/allowing/enabling the whole cheating fiasco to start in the first place.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-03-2016, 03:01 PM

What? They didn't announce until almost 8pm that K wouldnt be coaching.

devildeac
02-03-2016, 03:05 PM

You can't fix stupid (obviously referring to unc, not you).

If the NCAA (not Duke, mind you) had assigned the 4W and 13L (or whatever the numbers) to K when he was out that season, I'd bet K would accept either decision.

IC=Idiots + Cretins

Olympic Fan
02-03-2016, 03:07 PM
FWIW,

I was told today that K would return to practice Thursday and will be on the bench Saturday.

At least that's the plan as of Wednesday morning.

weezie
02-03-2016, 03:15 PM
...IC=Idiots + Cretins

As they shall be known into perpetuity.

swood1000
02-03-2016, 04:27 PM
IC=Idiots + Cretins
I'm almost certain it's Imbecilic Childishness.

hudlow
02-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Imagine sitting with Coach K and watching Duke play on TV...

ChrisP
02-03-2016, 04:55 PM

First off, best wishes to Coach K for a full and speedy recovery. Now, if the issue truly was high BP as has been mentioned upthread, I'm kinda thinking that watching last night's game (or at least the ending) would NOT have been anything any reasonable physician would have approved of :D

I suffer from high BP myself and I sure didn't like how sloppy we were at the end!

CameronBornAndBred
02-03-2016, 05:11 PM
I wanna see Coach K and Devildeac watch a game together. It would be a great drinking game; every time they yell "#*@&ing refs!" in unison, drink. I'm sure DD could recommend a really good low ABV session beer. (If it's above 7%, you might not make it past halftime.)

devildeac
02-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I wanna see Coach K and Devildeac watch a game together. It would be a great drinking game; every time they yell "#*@&ing refs!" in unison, drink. I'm sure DD could recommend a really good low ABV session beer. (If it's above 7%, you might not make it past halftime.)

I'd probably make it to the 2nd, maybe 3rd TV timeout :o .

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-03-2016, 05:22 PM

I'd probably make it to the 2nd, maybe 3rd TV timeout :o .

Excellent beer choice. Quite drinkable.

DukePA
02-03-2016, 05:36 PM

That would be epic fun although Coach K prefers wine over beer. During my first graduate/professional school basketball camp out in the fall of 2005, Coach K spoke to us for approximately 30 minutes. He encouraged us to knock on Brodhead's door at 3 in the morning and told us where the house is :) He went on to tell us all about how he prefers a good wine over beer. What do you think, DevilDeac; could you bring wine instead of beer?

OldPhiKap
02-03-2016, 05:49 PM
That would be epic fun although Coach K prefers wine over beer. During my first graduate/professional school basketball camp out in the fall of 2005, Coach K spoke to us for approximately 30 minutes. He encouraged us to knock on Brodhead's door at 3 in the morning and told us where the house is :) He went on to tell us all about how he prefers a good wine over beer. What do you think, DevilDeac; could you bring wine instead of beer?

There was a great article in Wine Spectator (IIRC) some years ago about K and his preferences. If not there, some similar oenophile periodical.

Indoor66
02-03-2016, 06:09 PM
First off, best wishes to Coach K for a full and speedy recovery. Now, if the issue truly was high BP as has been mentioned upthread, I'm kinda thinking that watching last night's game (or at least the ending) would NOT have been anything any reasonable physician would have approved of :D

I suffer from high BP myself and I sure didn't like how sloppy we were at the end!

You ought to pose that question to devildeac. :cool:

DukieInKansas
02-03-2016, 06:20 PM

If I can join the viewing party, I'll bring the wine. Will a dozen bottles do? ;)

BD80
02-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Will be watching this thread for K health updates. Looking forward to good news.

The news up thread that Coach has "dehydration" may mean he caught the virulent intestinal bug that going around the Triangle. ...

Time for a Coach K virus vigil?

If I can join the viewing party, I'll bring the wine. Will a dozen bottles do? ;)

None to share?

devildeac
02-03-2016, 06:38 PM

We'd likely have to perform some sort of KenPom analysis on strengths of the various wines (dessert wines with lower ABV vs "standard" wines like Chardonnays/Cabs/Zins/Pinots/Merlots with higher ABV) and include their vintages, knowing that some years have better grapes than others. Likewise, we'd have to figure out whether a bottle was OAD or if would be better to red (or white) shirt for a year and then have 5 years to develop instead of 4. Of course the size of the bottle would be important, meaning the really light (and quick) half bottles would have to set up your slightly larger 750 ml bottles, which could also be starters but could play a variety of positions on your table. The slower, heavier/bulkier 1.5L bottles would take more time to develop and get to the table but have more endurance and be able to entertain more folks. Then you'd have to calculate eBAC based on weight, gender, aggressiveness of that particular vineyard and whether it'd go hard to the glass or be a bit sneakier in its approach.

But I digress. Hope that helps.

;)

DukePA
02-03-2016, 07:23 PM
We'd likely have to perform some sort of KenPom analysis on strengths of the various wines (dessert wines with lower ABV vs "standard" wines like Chardonnays/Cabs/Zins/Pinots/Merlots with higher ABV) and include their vintages, knowing that some years have better grapes than others. Likewise, we'd have to figure out whether a bottle was OAD or if would be better to red (or white) shirt for a year and then have 5 years to develop instead of 4. Of course the size of the bottle would be important, meaning the really light (and quick) half bottles would have to set up your slightly larger 750 ml bottles, which could also be starters but could play a variety of positions on your table. The slower, heavier/bulkier 1.5L bottles would take more time to develop and get to the table but have more endurance and be able to entertain more folks. Then you'd have to calculate eBAC based on weight, gender, aggressiveness of that particular vineyard and whether it'd go hard to the glass or be a bit sneakier in its approach.

But I digress. Hope that helps.

;)

Sounds like a formidable plan! (I'm guessing my box of Vella Merlot won't make the grade :D )

hallcity
02-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Laura Keeley reporting that Coach K was back in the office tomorrow, met with the team and will be coaching practice tomorrow. No practice was scheduled today anyway.

Pghdukie
02-03-2016, 07:37 PM
With the huge selection of fine wines, it's inevitable that PT, cinder blocks, etc will take over this thread ! ALL SERIOUSNESS, great news K is up and about !

royalblue
02-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Everytime the K being out is brought up by the uncch crowd I just tell them K has dominated the ACC like no other in a "part time" role I'm not sure you could handle it if he was a full time coach:) K won more games in his 12 games coached 95 season than Matt won in all of 2002. Way back when K was 3 games behind Dean in total games won I asked several in smurf blue nation if they still wanted to give K the 4 wins that Pete earned if so I would not have to wait any longer for Dean to be second fiddle.
They like this topic because it is a sore spot with many in the Duke world. I wake up everyday and my first thought is could this be the day they take wins and banners away from uncch. I would like to see Mount Hatemore be like a Woodstock get together. It's nice to dream.

weezie
02-03-2016, 08:39 PM
...I wake up everyday and my first thought is could this be the day they take wins and banners away from uncch. I would like to see Mount Hatemore be like a Woodstock get together...

Very admirable and a lovely thought about a hate-in. I'm calling dibs on the cowbell though. Of which none of you can/will ever get enough of, I know.

Newton_14
02-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Yea I fully expect the sky blue tinfoil hats to be in full effect.

Update. Since we won there were no cute signs on my desk. There was one cute sign inside a bathroom stall regarding Gaudet/K. Whatever... but one of them decides to bring it up during an afternoon conf call. I did not even get started with the call when he chimes in with a cute comment about K supposedly being sick and missing the game. My response: "Yeah,, you know it's terrible when crap like that happens... I mean just look at how the US Government for example, faked the Moon Landing, 9-11, and the Newtown School Shooting. It's just appalling".... Silence. Could hear a pin drop silence. Beautiful beautiful silence. :)

AustinDevil
02-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Laura Keeley reporting that Coach K was back in the office tomorrow ....

That's some prescient reporting!

OldPhiKap
02-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Did she post Lottery numbers too? Just asking for a friend.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Is this a "no news is good news" situation? Should I be waiting for an update?

Furniture
02-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Can somebody close this thread?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Can somebody close this thread?

New info on front page about K's health.

Indoor66
02-05-2016, 09:07 AM
He's back!

devildeac
02-05-2016, 09:30 AM
He's back!

What are you some kind of unc or UK person mentioning K and back in the same post:rolleyes:?

(kidding, kidding)

I read that he'd be back with the team on Wednesday for their "non-practice" day and would return to coaching/usual duties yesterday so this is great to read.

(was he wearing a boot?) :rolleyes:

devildeac
02-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, his not feeling well Monday after practice appeared to worry people a bit more that we thought it did:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article58895883.html

-jk
02-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Hmmm, his not feeling well Monday after practice appeared to worry people a bit more that we thought it did:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article58895883.html

In the linked article: "He also has an injured left knee, and that will require a procedure, presumably after the season." That might explain his limp...

-jk