PDA

View Full Version : Tom Ross, former UNC president, headed to Duke

devildeac
01-30-2016, 09:07 AM
Alright folks, what do we think about this one?

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article57308048.html

(It's Duke related so I started it on the EK Forum, but have no objection if it's moved Off Topic, or even put on lock-down because we're tired of talking about unc folks moving to Duke. :rolleyes: ;))

sagegrouse
01-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Alright folks, what do we think about this one?

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article57308048.html

(It's Duke related so I started it on the EK Forum, but have no objection if it's moved Off Topic, or even put on lock-down because we're tired of talking about unc folks moving to Duke. :rolleyes: ;))

Tom Ross, forced out as President of the UNC System, will be at Duke for one year but returning to his tenured position at UNC-CH. He was formerly president of Davidson College.

Ross will work on a project at the Sanford School involving redistricting.

devildeac
01-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Just like Duke to get another OAD. I can imagine ol' Bo w(h)ining and cheesing in his retirement home now about our university.

(I knew I could get this basketball-related somehow :o .)

killerleft
01-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Unless he can show Coach P the virtues of the motion offense, he's just another carpetbagger from the least principled university in the country, in my humble opinion. Could he be 'The Rasputin of the Old Well', ground-zero hypnotizer of virtuous athletic advisors and the like, who otherwise would never stoop so low as to cheat against and gain advantage over all ACC foes and many others in the NCAA? He could be dissected.

burnspbesq
01-30-2016, 09:45 AM
OAD is the new normal. Trust Prez B to integrate him with the returnees as smoothly as possible. Fist > five fingers.

oldnavy
01-30-2016, 09:54 AM
OAD is the new normal. Trust Prez B to integrate him with the returnees as smoothly as possible. Fist > five fingers.

He doesn't have a chance to make it on the next level. Strictly D League talent or perhaps he can carve out a decent living in China or Europe. Should have stayed in school...

devildeac
01-30-2016, 11:13 AM
He doesn't have a chance to make it on the next level. Strictly D League talent or perhaps he can carve out a decent living in China or Europe. Should have stayed in school...

Yep, the unc system really knows how to develop that green room talent...

:rolleyes:

(tried to spork you for your unc snark but alas, will have to spread the love some more ;))

Pghdukie
01-30-2016, 11:23 AM
He plays pretty good "D". Plus he's sneaky good under pressure.

brevity
01-30-2016, 11:31 AM

Mods, lock it down. The article clearly states that Tom Ross will be a distinguished fellow at the Sanford Institute for... Public Policy.

Former judge, former President of Davidson, former President of the University system... he must think he's some kind of big man. It's about time someone from UNC acknowledged that Duke can develop big men.

dukebluesincebirth
01-30-2016, 11:54 AM
Is Ross a green room guy?

Olympic Fan
01-30-2016, 12:38 PM
There has been some debate over Ross' role in the UNC scandal.

As system president, he oversaw UNC's long-running coverup ... at lest that's one view.

But there are those that think he pushed for more openness and was a driving force behind the revealing, but admitted limited Wainstein report.

I believe he was forced out as system president a year before his term was due to expire, which would at least suggest that he was bucking the tide over there. Although, I'd have admired him a lot more if he had publically blasted the corrupt system over there.

I don't know the truth behind his role ... maybe somebody else had more info.