PDA

View Full Version : Nice Lance Thomas Piece

BD80
01-29-2016, 08:39 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25466375/taking-the-road-less-traveled-knicks-lance-thomas-has-found-his-way-home

Very flattering, citing some pretty impressive sources: SVG, KD, Robin Lopez

Billy Dat
01-30-2016, 07:40 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25466375/taking-the-road-less-traveled-knicks-lance-thomas-has-found-his-way-home

Very flattering, citing some pretty impressive sources: SVG, KD, Robin Lopez

Great article, thanks for sharing. I have been watching Lance all year and his play astounds me, specifically his offense because we always knew he could defend and rebound his position. Great money quote from KD who knows Lance intimately as Lance played a bunch with OKC a few years back:

"On Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, Thomas had the toughest job in the building: guarding Durant. Anthony sat out with knee soreness, and the Knicks managed to take the Thunder to overtime. Thomas finished with 16 points to Durant's 44, but no one could fault his 41 minutes of effort.

Durant, who has referred to Thomas as his "favorite player and favorite person in the league," told Thomas how happy he was to see him in this position. The respect is mutual."

duke74
01-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Great article, thanks for sharing. I have been watching Lance all year and his play astounds me, specifically his offense because we always knew he could defend and rebound his position. Great money quote from KD who knows Lance intimately as Lance played a bunch with OKC a few years back:

"On Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, Thomas had the toughest job in the building: guarding Durant. Anthony sat out with knee soreness, and the Knicks managed to take the Thunder to overtime. Thomas finished with 16 points to Durant's 44, but no one could fault his 41 minutes of effort.

Durant, who has referred to Thomas as his "favorite player and favorite person in the league," told Thomas how happy he was to see him in this position. The respect is mutual."

Billy, you and I are both locals. I agree with everything you've said. His success is a great story on so many levels - the hard work, perseverance, improvement, and of course the Duke connection. I just hope we can keep him next year. I am no expert on this, but I think I read in the local papers (Post?) that he may be in line for more money than the Knicks can pay.

He has contributed to the team's resurgence both on and off the court and in the locker room. Just great to see. Between CarMElo finally getting it (maybe better trust in his guys now), KP and Lance, it's been a fun, unexpected season so far.

stillcrazie
01-30-2016, 09:19 AM
Lance worked his b*tt off in the D-League ever since he graduated. I have a lot of hope that Seth Curry can follow in his footsteps.

Wheat/"/"/"
01-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Count me among those that didn't see an NBA career in the cards for Thomas when he left Duke. I remember coach K saying he would play in the NBA, but I doubted it.

I stand corrected.

Just goes to show fans like me that it's hard to really know a player beyond what we see on TV...and serves as a reminder that the intangibles of playing the game are every bit as important as the physical skills required to compete at that level.

Good for him.