PDA

View Full Version : Singler getting big media attention in OKC

53n206
01-23-2016, 07:40 PM
KD, the Thunder coach, as well as local media praising his play. But get this: On local TV reported that a woman with car trouble stranded on busy road, many cars passed her, but not our mighty Kyle! He stopped and stayed with her until he had her car problem resolved. But he didn't know how to change her tire!

cspan37421
01-23-2016, 07:49 PM
But he didn't know how to change her tire!

That's because he went to Duke long after 1994-95, so he had not previously experienced the wheels coming off.

devildeac
01-23-2016, 07:56 PM
That's because he went to Duke long after 1994-95, so he had not previously experienced the wheels coming off.

Well, thankfully he didn't go to unc or he'd have just waited for the first bus to arrive...

:rolleyes:

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Well, thankfully he didn't go to unc or he'd have just waited for the first bus to arrive...

Nah, he'd have tried calling the rental car company.

Indoor66
01-23-2016, 08:52 PM

Nah. Had he gone to unCheat, he would have been under the bus.

budwom
01-23-2016, 10:47 PM
one is reminded of perhaps the greatest (and perhaps only) flat tire story in Duke history, courtesy of Professor James Bonk, the "which tire?" episode...

cspan37421
01-23-2016, 11:02 PM
one is reminded of perhaps the greatest (and perhaps only) flat tire story in Duke history, courtesy of Professor James Bonk, the "which tire?" episode...

Are you maintaining that that old yarn, known nationally, was of Duke origin?
I'd love to believe it, but I suspect that every school thinks it's original with them. Only one (at most) can be right.

Neals384
01-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Are you maintaining that that old yarn, known nationally, was of Duke origin?
I'd love to believe it, but I suspect that every school thinks it's original with them. Only one (at most) can be right.

Snopes says it's an urban legend and quotes Prof Bonk from a 1996 email: "I would have to classify the story as being somewhere between UL and fact. It is based on a real incident, but it has been embellished."

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/flattire.asp

Furniture
01-24-2016, 10:18 AM
KD, the Thunder coach, as well as local media praising his play. But get this: On local TV reported that a woman with car trouble stranded on busy road, many cars passed her, but not our mighty Kyle! He stopped and stayed with her until he had her car problem resolved. But he didn't know how to change her tire!

I guess he didn't go to Pratt then….

Edouble
01-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Snopes says it's an urban legend and quotes Prof Bonk from a 1996 email: "I would have to classify the story as being somewhere between UL and fact. It is based on a real incident, but it has been embellished."

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/flattire.asp

My long-standing issue with the story is that if you were bold enough to make up such a whopper, I would think that all parties involved would develop some of the finer details of the lie, eg where did this take place on the interstate, which tire was flat, how did we finally get home, etc. in case anyone was pressed to explain further.

miramar
01-25-2016, 08:41 AM
I guess he didn't go to Pratt then….

It's just that she was really good looking and he was stalling for time until he got her phone number.

Someone who can make buckets from the library roof can easily change tires with his bare hands.