PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Notre Dame (Jan 16, 2016)

JBDuke
01-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their 95-91 loss to Notre Dame?

Jarhead
01-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Where is the vote catcher, Please. Oops, there it is.

devildeac
01-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Easy one for me. Side note: even with 8 pts and 9 boards, why did it seem like MP was almost a non-entity today?

Kfanarmy
01-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Easy one for me. Side note: even with 8 pts and 9 boards, why did it seem like MP was almost a non-entity today?

He's the only one playing D near the basket. Guards are getting out of position and beat so often that he's playing one on two defense and looks like he's at fault. On O they are trying to get back on D so much that they are giving away rebounds...unfortunately the D is so bad, that any give away rebounds on Duke misses become points for the other team. In other words one player playing in the interior is getting torched on both ends of the floor.

dukelifer
01-16-2016, 04:36 PM

Marshall has no real help down low.

jv001
01-16-2016, 04:39 PM
He's the only one playing D near the basket. Guards are getting out of position and beat so often that he's playing one on two defense and looks like he's at fault. On O they are trying to get back on D so much that they are giving away rebounds...unfortunately the D is so bad, that any give away rebounds on Duke misses become points for the other team. In other words one player playing in the interior is getting torched on both ends of the floor.

Last season we had 3 guys that were good rebounders. Jah, Justise and Amile. Right now we have two in Brandon and MPIII. If Amile doesn't get back by mid Feb. We could be in big trouble. With Amile we've played good zone defense, particularly the 1-3-1. But with him out, we get torched in any zone we run. GoDuke!

Doria
01-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Not even a close contest this game for MotM.

Troublemaker
01-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Not even a close contest this game for MotM.

If Duke had won, I probably would've voted for Grayson because he was pretty darn clutch down the stretch. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

But since we lost, I went with Luke who played the best overall game.

devildeac
01-16-2016, 05:25 PM

Marshall has no real help down low.

Two good (sad) explanations. Thanks.