PDA

View Full Version : So I thought Kelby Brown was ...

richmclean
01-14-2016, 11:53 PM
... playing in the Pinstripe Bowl, but the Chronicle says it was:

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2015/12/humphreys-wears-no-59-to-honor-injured-brown

... Ben Humphries wearing K Browns number 59 with K Browns NAME ON HUMPHRIES JERSEY!

BTW Ben Humphries started and had 11 total tackles in the PS Bowl.

Damn what a good future for ILB ! Go Duke !

cspan37421
01-15-2016, 06:21 AM
I'm surprised that wearing another player's jersey is/was allowed - even if that player is done for the year and not to be confused with the active roster.

Maybe it isn't allowed. This doesn't seem like a well thought-out decision. I hope I'm wrong.

fisheyes
01-15-2016, 06:30 AM
I believe that the tribute was announced prior to the game and as such was probably allowed.

oldnavy
01-15-2016, 06:32 AM
My guess is that you can do it, but you have to let the other team know what you are doing. I saw a kicker for some team this year change jersey's for the kickoff because another player on the kickoff team had his number. So he's kick a field goal or extra point, then run over and pull on another jersey to kick off....

OldPhiKap
01-15-2016, 06:48 AM
I believe that the tribute was announced prior to the game and as such was probably allowed.

This is correct. I recall some comment that it was not as easy to get approved as one might think but that it is allowable.

Ben is a special player, gonna be a big one for us before all is said and done.