PDA

View Full Version : Attending First Duke Game at Cameron

Sluggo
01-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Looking for advice. I am so excited, my daughter and I will be attending our first Duke game at Cameron in February against FL State. The only game we have seen in person was versus Wis. in 2009. The atmosphere was electric and since that game my daughter has insisted that we attend a home game.....and while coach K is still coaching. I have been a Duke fan since the mid 80s and my daughter, well, she grew up in a Duke household so she has been a life long fan. We are from ND. Anyway, our plan is to fly into the Raleigh-Durham airport the day before the game and are staying at a hotel about 5 miles from Cameron. We have 2 extra days after the game to do whatever. I would very much appreciate any tips or suggestions on things we should see/visit, places to eat, transportation, etc. Just anything that will make our trip more enjoyable and memorable. Thanks in advance!

OldPhiKap
01-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Looking for advice. I am so excited, my daughter and I will be attending our first Duke game at Cameron in February against FL State. The only game we have seen in person was versus Wis. in 2009. The atmosphere was electric and since that game my daughter has insisted that we attend a home game....and while coach K is still coaching. I have been a Duke fan since the mid 80s and my daughter, well, she grew up in a Duke household so she has been a life long fan. We are from ND. Anyway, our plan is to fly into the Raleigh-Durham airport the day before the game and are staying at a hotel about 5 miles from Cameron. We have 2 extra days after the game to do whatever. I would very much appreciate any tips or suggestions on things we should see/visit, places to eat, transportation, etc. Just anything that will make our trip more enjoyable and memorable. Thanks in advance!

Hope you enjoy the game and have a great trip'. I have been away too long to give you any good response, so just wanted to wish you fun and a win.

uh_no
01-10-2016, 07:41 PM
does anyone have the link to the thread with all the things to do at duke games? this is asked several times a year.

-jk
01-10-2016, 07:48 PM
does anyone have the link to the thread with all the things to do at duke games? this is asked several times a year.

Are you looking for the DBR Visitor's Guide (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=DBRVisit)?

-jk

Sluggo
01-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Thank you -jk.

westwall
01-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Are you looking for the DBR Visitor's Guide (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=DBRVisit)?

-jk

Sluggo: exploring the Hall of Honor is special, and can take as much time as you care to spend, so give it enough. You won't regret it.