PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine invites

CameronBornAndBred
01-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Duke has three representatives going this year.
Jeremy Cash (duh), Will Monday and Matt Skura.

Really pleased to see Monday get an invite, would love to see a Duke guy kicking on Sundays.
The combine is held February 23-29; I'm guessing that Cash will be healthy from his surgery by then.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210616695&DB_OEM_ID=4200

duke blue brewcrew
01-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Assuming he's healthy, can Jeremy Cash make it two years in a row for Duke Football having a 1st Round selection? My vote is YES, but I'm curious as to what others think.

On a side note, what are the odds of this thread getting reprimanded by a basketball only fan for not having the FB: infront of the title to save them from clicking on it...lol

Richard Berg
01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
No Ross?

Bob Green
01-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Assuming he's healthy, can Jeremy Cash make it two years in a row for Duke Football having a 1st Round selection? My vote is YES, but I'm curious as to what others think.

Laken Tomlinson was drafted in the 1st Round with Jamison Crowder being drafted in the 4th Round. My prediction is Jeremy Cash will be drafted between them in the 2nd or 3rd Round.

CDu
01-05-2016, 06:46 PM
No Ross?

Was just about to post the same thing. Odd that a kicker with his track record )(both distance and accuracy) wouldn't get an invite.

martydoesntfoul
01-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Was just about to post the same thing. Odd that a kicker with his track record )(both distance and accuracy) wouldn't get an invite.

Isn't Ross rated higher on the FG kicker prospect list than Will on the punter list?

CDu
01-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Isn't Ross rated higher on the FG kicker prospect list than Will on the punter list?

I would have thought so.

gep
01-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Forgive my ignorance... But do FG kickers regularly get invited to the NFL combine?

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-06-2016, 07:12 AM
My guess is Jeremy Cash is going in the Second round unless he does something in the Combine to really stand out. His style may not suite a lot of teams. However a lot of teams need safety help and the quality at that position seems weak in the NFL right now. I know the Chargers, Jaguars, and the Dolphins will all need safety help and could be looking at drafting Cash in the second round. Personally I hope he lands with the Jaguars in the Second round. He would be a nice fit for us. Unfortunately most of you wont be able to see him play on Sundays if that happens but I will get a good 16 weeks of viewing pleasure. He would start at Safety right away.

Indoor66
01-06-2016, 08:23 AM
My guess is Jeremy Cash is going in the Second round unless he does something in the Combine to really stand out. His style may not suite a lot of teams. However a lot of teams need safety help and the quality at that position seems weak in the NFL right now. I know the Chargers, Jaguars, and the Dolphins will all need safety help and could be looking at drafting Cash in the second round. Personally I hope he lands with the Jaguars in the Second round. He would be a nice fit for us. Unfortunately most of you wont be able to see him play on Sundays if that happens but I will get a good 16 weeks of viewing pleasure. He would start at Safety right away.

Cash is a lot like Justise. There will be some front offices that rue the day they passed on him.

CDu
01-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Forgive my ignorance... But do FG kickers regularly get invited to the NFL combine?

If our punter got invited, you would think kickers get invited too.

duke blue brewcrew
01-06-2016, 02:10 PM

With all due respect to your fanship of the Jags, I view Cash as a very versatile & instinctual player not too dissimilar to Polamalu...but that's a lot of pressure to put on anyone. Regardless, I would love to see Cash dawn the Black & Yellow next year...LGD! HWGSteelers!

CDu
01-06-2016, 02:17 PM
With all due respect to your fanship of the Jags, I view Cash as a very versatile & instinctual player not too dissimilar to Polamalu...but that's a lot of pressure to put on anyone. Regardless, I would love to see Cash dawn the Black & Yellow next year...LGD! HWGSteelers!

My Bears have a need for a strong safety and could do a whole lot worse than getting Cash for that spot in the early second round!

devildeac
01-06-2016, 02:30 PM

Considering this is DBR;), I'd love to see Mr. Cash don the black and yellow next year and bring dusk to a lot of QB, RB and WR in the NFL next season.

:D

CameronBlue
01-06-2016, 02:33 PM
On a side note, what are the odds of this thread getting reprimanded by a basketball only fan for not having the FB: infront of the title to save them from clicking on it...lol

Probably pretty high. Don't underestimate the powers of posterior retentiveness (retentioness? gluteus super-maximus?) of your garden variety DBR poster.

duke blue brewcrew
01-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Considering this is DBR;), I'd love to see Mr. Cash don the black and yellow next year and bring dusk to a lot of QB, RB and WR in the NFL next season.

:D

Nice catch! I promise I do speak the language, but apparently I can't spell it. SMH @ me!