PDA

View Full Version : Jamison Crowder

Tom B.
01-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Nice writeup on Jamison Crowder in the Washington Post.

Link. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/in-redskins-regular-season-finale-jamison-crowder-stands-out/2016/01/03/adaf16ee-b015-11e5-b711-1998289ffcea_story.html)

He picked a great time to have his best game as a pro. In yesterday's regular season finale against the Cowboys, Crowder had five catches (on seven targets) for 109 yards and a touchdown. He also had his longest catch of the year yesterday, a 44-yarder (it was actually a screen pass that Crowder turned into a 44-yard gain with his feet and some excellent blocking by his teammates).

For the season, Crowder had 59 catches for 604 yards and two touchdowns. He also caught two 2-point conversions. And his team will be going to the playoffs -- so, not a bad rookie year.

The Post article says that with his fifth and final catch yesterday, Crowder broke the Washington team record for receptions by a rookie. During the game broadcast yesterday, they said that Gary Clark held the team record with 72 catches in his rookie season, and Monk was second with 58, until Crowder caught his 59th and passed Monk for the #2 spot. Clark's record may have an asterisk, though, because he played two seasons in the USFL before he played in the NFL.

elvis14
01-04-2016, 01:25 PM
As a Redskins fan I really like Jamison. He's been a great asset to the team this year. Anytime you break a team record held by Art Monk, you've accomplished something special! I always like when I see a player get credit for succeeding based on hard work.

Washington beating the Cowboys (with great contributions from Crowder) is a great way to end the season (kind of a good over evil thing like when Duke beats UNCheat).

Bob Green
01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
In yesterday's regular season finale against the Cowboys, Crowder had five catches (on seven targets) for 109 yards and a touchdown. He also had his longest catch of the year yesterday, a 44-yarder (it was actually a screen pass that Crowder turned into a 44-yard gain with his feet and some excellent blocking by his teammates).

The 44 yard gain was to the right side. Later in the game, the Redskins ran the same play to the left side and Crowder made the catch and ran for 24 yards. On his touchdown reception, he was so wide open there wasn't a Cowboy in the same zip code.

Crowder also returned two punts for six yards.

Bluedevil114
01-04-2016, 10:09 PM
As a Redskins fan I really like Jamison. He's been a great asset to the team this year. Anytime you break a team record held by Art Monk, you've accomplished something special! I always like when I see a player get credit for succeeding based on hard work.

Washington beating the Cowboys (with great contributions from Crowder) is a great way to end the season (kind of a good over evil thing like when Duke beats UNCheat).

I am a huge Redskins fan and when they drafted Crowder, It was very exciting knowing he would have a legitimate shot at milking an impact on their offense. He has fit in so well and you can tell the older players really love his work ethic. He has exceeded my expectations in season one. My only negative on Crowder is the number of fair catches inside the ten yard line but those are coaching opportunities. He looks to have a long career ahead of him in the league.

ncexnyc
01-04-2016, 10:48 PM

For me it's more like having to pick between UNC vs UK.

Neals384
01-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Please use the prefix "FB:" on your thread title as there are some people here who don't care about football. Thanks.

sagegrouse
01-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Please use the prefix "FB:" on your thread title as there are some people here who don't care about football. Thanks.

Ha, ha, ha!!! That's a good one.

Kindly,
Sage

BD80
01-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Must be from Detroit, nature v nurture and all that ...

OldPhiKap
01-05-2016, 11:41 AM
What does Facebook have to do with this?

devildeac
01-05-2016, 11:57 AM

What does Facebook have to do with this?

Not Facebook. I think N384 might have our guy Jamison confused with Debbie Crowder :rolleyes: .

Oooh, wait. Still the wrong thread...

OldPhiKap
01-05-2016, 11:57 AM
I do find it interesting, btw, that three of the top five threads are about football and there are five football threads on the front page. Not bad for off-season.

devildeac
01-05-2016, 12:03 PM
I do find it interesting, btw, that three of the top five threads are about football and there are five football threads on the front page. Not bad for off-season.

There is no off-season for Duke FB, err Facebook, err Football anymore, just pre-season, in-season and recruiting/spring practice time ;) .

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-05-2016, 12:25 PM

This is a new day. Duke football is year round. We're no longer just talking about the big boys. It's been a long time coming.

Got to go.... time to start planning my outfit for signing day...

OldPhiKap
01-05-2016, 01:13 PM
This is a new day. Duke football is year round. We're no longer just talking about the big boys. It's been a long time coming.

Got to go... time to start planning my outfit for signing day...

Just got an email, Cut is hosting a signing day shindig at the Washington Duke on Signing Day (Feb. 3). Doors open at 6 pm, event starts at 6:30 pm. $25 adult, $10 less-than-adult.

OldPhiKap
01-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Vote for Jamison for Rookie of the Week:

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2015/REG/17

BD80
01-05-2016, 01:43 PM
... $25 adult, $10 less-than-adult.

Age or comportment?

Ichabod Drain
01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Age or comportment?

Yes.

duke blue brewcrew
01-05-2016, 01:53 PM

I can only hope that Neals384 is kidding here. After all, the name of the thread is JAMISON CROWDER. If he's not, then I feel bad for him. He's missing out on something very exciting in Duke Football. If he would give it a chance, he could double his pleasure & his fun, and you know the rest... I would be so bored for 2/3 of the year if I only followed one sport...poor guy!

There is no off-season for Duke FB, err Facebook, err Football anymore, just pre-season, in-season and recruiting/spring practice time ;) .

Just thinking about that statement really makes me smile. I follow Duke sports 365 anyway, but knowing that Duke Football is starting to turn some heads for both fans, national media and future players is (and I believe Devil In A Blue Dress put it best), a very long time coming indeed. LGD!

duke blue brewcrew
01-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Vote for Jamison for Rookie of the Week:

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2015/REG/17

Done, my vote has been cast...

OldPhiKap
01-05-2016, 02:07 PM
I can only hope that Neals384 is kidding here. After all, the name of the thread is JAMISON CROWDER. If he's not, then I feel bad for him. He's missing out on something very exciting in Duke Football. If he would give it a chance, he could double his pleasure & his fun, and you know the rest... I would be so bored for 2/3 of the year if I only followed one sport...poor guy!

Just thinking about that statement really makes me smile. I follow Duke sports 365 anyway, but knowing that Duke Football is starting to turn some heads for both fans, national media and future players is (and I believe Devil In A Blue Dress put it best), a very long time coming indeed. LGD!

Less than nine months until kick-off . . . .

Jarhead
01-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Done, my vote has been cast...

How many times did you vote? I lost count. The voting's rigged anyhow. When you go to the site the first listed is from the Panthers, that other Carolina that I hate, and they unabashedly run a play with Devin Funchess over and over again. I just skip over the video and vote for Crowder. It's only fair.