PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke at Boston College (Jan 2, 4:30 pm, RSN) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

JBDuke
01-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Duke opens ACC play at Boston College this Saturday at 4:30 pm. TV is on the regional sports network. There's a thread with more info on how to find the broadcast in your area here:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?37135-TV-Stations-for-Boston-College-Game

Henderson
01-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Looks like ESPN3 will be streaming the game live. There appear to be several other ACC matchups there too, starting at noon EST today (Saturday 1/2).

Bob Green
01-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Duke is a 15 points favorite in Vegas with the over/under set at 141.

budwom
01-02-2016, 09:09 AM
road games are rarely easy, but BC is horrible. Barely beat New Hamster the other day...

devildeac
01-02-2016, 09:52 AM
road games are rarely easy, but BC is horrible. Barely beat New Hamster the other day...

We gave up 81 points to LBSU so I'm expecting a dogfight in Bahston this afternoon.

Pghdukie
01-02-2016, 09:55 AM
It's a true road game, it's Duke, so I'm expecting BC's best shot.

Henderson
01-02-2016, 10:00 AM
It's a true road game, it's Duke, so I'm expecting BC's best shot.

Yup. And the consequences of losing are far more impactful than than the accolades of winning. Games like this are dangerous.

flyingdutchdevil
01-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Important to point out that BC's offense is a pathetically ranked 288 in the nation. They have a better defense, but, with this Duke team, I'd rather face a better offensive team than a defensive one. We can score with the best of them, but top 100 teams can easily score on us.

jipops
01-02-2016, 10:33 AM
I think this will be a dogfight as well. The last two games have shown a weakness in defending the paint. I don't care how bad BC's offense is, they're going to be able to score around the paint at home against our D. And it's an ACC road game. Hopefully we can stay out of serious foul trouble down the stretch.

MarkD83
01-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Now that the non con schedule is over, my mantra for this team is "embrace the three" and "press the perimeter". If duke gets into slugfests in the paint they will give me heartburn.

mattman91
01-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Work until 5...forgot to set the DVR.

I have a feeling my neighbor is gonna call about a busted pipe or something...:rolleyes:

Olympic Fan
01-02-2016, 01:59 PM
I think this will be a dogfight as well. The last two games have shown a weakness in defending the paint. I don't care how bad BC's offense is, they're going to be able to score around the paint at home against our D. And it's an ACC road game. Hopefully we can stay out of serious foul trouble down the stretch.

I disagree.

Nine times out of 10, I would sweat a conference road game.

This is the 10th time.

Boston College is pathetic -- one of the worst ACC teams in recent years (at least since Wake in 2011). If this game is close, it will be a BAD sign going forward. Not saying i's going to be a blowout, but if it's not a double-figure game in the second half, we have real problems.

Now, our next ACC game -- at Wake Forest -- that's one worth sweating.

Henderson
01-02-2016, 02:07 PM
I disagree.

Nine times out of 10, I would sweat a conference road game.

This is the 10th time.

Boston College is pathetic -- one of the worst ACC teams in recent years (at least since Wake in 2011). If this game is close, it will be a BAD sign going forward. Not saying i's going to be a blowout, but if it's not a double-figure game in the second half, we have real problems.

But that's precisely why games such as this are worth sweating: The consequences of losing are very ungood.

It's like any other situation where (a) the chances of failure are low; but (b) the consequences of failure are very high. In Russian Roulette, your chances of killing yourself are only 1 in 6. But the consequences are bad enough to make a guy's palms sweat.

Clay Feet POF
01-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Can Marshall duplicate that Backward Dunk!!

DukieInBrasil
01-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Can Marshall duplicate that Backward Dunk!!

that was a nice one, and if he can replicate some of those athletic moves from the LBSU game going forward, it will make him a more dynamic force. His attempts at ISO moves withe ball were not so pretty, but when guards get him the ball chest high or higher, going to the basket without too much pepper in the sauce, then MP3 can do some fun things withe ball. *This is true for most bigs though...

freshmanjs
01-02-2016, 02:53 PM
But that's precisely why games such as this are worth sweating: The consequences of losing are very ungood.

It's like any other situation where (a) the chances of failure are low; but (b) the consequences of failure are very high. In Russian Roulette, your chances of killing yourself are only 1 in 6. But the consequences are bad enough to make a guy's palms sweat.

What consequences (other than 1 conference loss)?

jasoninchina
01-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Duke is a 15 points favorite in Vegas with the over/under set at 141.

I am not a betting man. If I were one, I would take BC to lose by fewer than 15. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

-jk
01-02-2016, 04:06 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

riverside6
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Live tempo-based stats for Duke/BC, starters posted ...

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-at-boston-college-basketball-live-stats-01022016

rsvman
01-02-2016, 04:55 PM
slow start again today. shooting has been really bad. I hope it picks up soon.

gocanes0506
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
About every facet of the game is off today.

Tough to get in a rhythm with all the whistles. I'm sure it'll be better after half with adjustments on how the refs are calling the game.

gocanes0506
01-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Well they really brought it together right after my last post. Last 5 minutes were great. Shut down D. Making jumpers.

dukelion
01-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Sort of concerned that we've turned into a team that relies so heavily on jump shots without Amile in the lineup.

Grant it we have loads of guys who can make them but sooner or later the rims will get tight, especially on the road, and we'll drop a game or two to some NIT caliber competition.....not looking forward to the Wake Forest game.