PDA

View Full Version : The lost art

Channing
12-29-2015, 08:23 AM
Years past it seems like all of our shots were either in the lane or three pointers. This year, we seem to have three guys who are taking the mid range game to heart. Luke, DT, and Greyson have all shown a real willingness and ability to let their mid range game shine. DT in particular seems to have that shot on lockdown. For all three, especially Luke and Grayson, the lightning quick release and ability to elevate makes it a very difficult shot to block or even alter.

Perhaps it has always been part of the offense and I just never noticed it (though I do remember JJ being particularly adept at the baseline midrange jumper); but it is certainly an added weapon, especially if we continue with the 4 out 1 in driving offense.

budwom
12-29-2015, 09:05 AM
and here I thought this thread was about Chansky! He's the real deal when it comes to Lost Arts...

Ichabod Drain
12-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Years past it seems like all of our shots were either in the lane or three pointers. This year, we seem to have three guys who are taking the mid range game to heart. Luke, DT, and Greyson have all shown a real willingness and ability to let their mid range game shine. DT in particular seems to have that shot on lockdown. For all three, especially Luke and Greyson, the lightning quick release and ability to elevate makes it a very difficult shot to block or even alter.

Perhaps it has always been part of the offense and I just never noticed it (though I do remember JJ being particularly adept at the baseline midrange jumper); but it is certainly an added weapon, especially if we continue with the 4 out 1 in driving offense.

Interestingly enough Tatum coming in next year is really known for his mid-range game. Before this year he actually had a tremendous mid-range jump shot but wasn't very good a few feet farther back beyond the arc. Fortunately he improved that this summer and is now stroking it from three as well.

Obviously doesn't do anything for this years team, It's just something I've really noticed about Tatum's game.